only pulling fuel from one tank
08-21-2016, (Subject: only pulling fuel from one tank ) 
only pulling fuel from one tank
have a friend with 15 kw isx that is pulling fuel from left side only. has heaters in both tanks. any thoughts? been to kw twice with no results. last bill over 800. when he complained they told him it was like going to the doctor. dont always get fixed but u still have to pay!
replyreply
08-21-2016, (Subject: only pulling fuel from one tank ) 
RE: only pulling fuel from one tank
Check to make sure the crossover valve for the right tank is open. Had a similar issue when I had a clutch replaced. Mine were up above the transmission near the tail, and had levers to open and close both from the drivers side under the cab. May have to wiggle under the truck and look around.

User's Signature: 2012 Cascadia ISX15 CM2250
replyreply
08-22-2016, (Subject: only pulling fuel from one tank ) 
Throw some ball valves on that passenger tank and shut er' down! That's what I did due to a fuel crossover problem that left me out of fuel on I-20 in Dallas one day... But any who I've come to really enjoy running one tank
replyreply
Just replace the crossover block valve, on the suction side.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
First remove the caps and look into both tanks to see if fuel is returning in both. If not then Id replace the return valve it works as a diverter valve. Its a equal flow system so say if the truck is on uneven ground more fuel will flow to the low side of the truck thus over night all fuel will be in that tank .
A few things to check:
Check the vent tube on both tanks. I have seen cases where it was stopped up and the tank would build pressure and would not let fuel enter once it had pressure.

Also like hhow55 said check the splitter valves. I have seen the return have trash in it and it would not return right.
replyreply
What kind of a truck is it? if it's a prostar then that changes everything.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
Its a 15 w9 he has changed the splitter valve. didnt help. in regards to what Mr Hagg said it is building pressure and he has to take a hammer and tap the fuel cap to get it off. thanx to everyone for the info. Ill pass it on to him.
replyreply
08-24-2016, (Subject: only pulling fuel from one tank ) 
Did you ever find the problem?
replyreply
09-29-2016, (Subject: only pulling fuel from one tank ) 
Once upon a time I worked for JB. During pre-trip I found an open, threaded hole on the top of my fuel tank. Mechanic put a bolt in it.

Sho' nuff, after what should have been half the distance I should have been able to go, truck died. They sent a tow truck and brought it to Cummins.

They found no problem and the truck was starting and running just fine. So I took off! Truck died in almost exactly the same spot.

But this time, I went into the shop and was shooting the schidt with the mechanics. For some reason, the bolt in the hole came up. That was when a light went on over his head! He put in a vent and all was well.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.