Thoughts on Mystik 15w50?
11-02-2021, (Subject: Thoughts on Mystik 15w50? ) 
Thoughts on Mystik 15w50?
Anyone ever used Mystik 15w50? I found some at Fleetpride and just did an oil change with it but curious to see if anyone on here has used it before and if they liked it.
replyreply
RE: Thoughts on Mystik 15w50?
Its a really fancy name for run of the mill Citgo (south america) brand of oils.

The bigger question is ... is there a need for you to actually use/need a synthetic?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
(11-02-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  Anyone ever used Mystik 15w50? I found some at Fleetpride and just did an oil change with it but curious to see if anyone on here has used it before and if they liked it.

I youre going to run this oil , keep us posted with oil sample results. If youve been sampling it would be good to compare previous brand results with this one.
replyreply
(11-02-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  Its a really fancy name for run of the mill Citgo (south america) brand of oils.

The bigger question is ... is there a need for you to actually use/need a synthetic?.

It’s a semi synthetic like Mobil Delvac is.So far my OCI’s have been at 10K and my MPG have been 6mpg or really close to it.How far can I extend it? Also looking at a bypass filter and oil testing.
replyreply
(11-02-2021 )amermextrucker Wrote:  
(11-02-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  Anyone ever used Mystik 15w50? I found some at Fleetpride and just did an oil change with it but curious to see if anyone on here has used it before and if they liked it.

I youre going to run this oil , keep us posted with oil sample results. If youve been sampling it would be good to compare previous brand results with this one.

Unfortunately I have not been sampling but thinking of doing them.As far as brands I haven’t really been consistent with one brand.I really like Delo at the Wally World price but can’t find it anymore and the auto parts store pricing is crazy.So I have used Traveller,Delvac,SuperTech,and Phillips 66 all 15w40.
replyreply
11-03-2021, (Subject: Thoughts on Mystik 15w50? ) 
(11-02-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  ....
It’s a semi synthetic like Mobil Delvac is.So far my OCI’s have been at 10K and my MPG have been 6mpg or really close to it.How far can I extend it? Also looking at a bypass filter and oil testing.

If your average fuel mileage every 10,000 miles is ...

less than 5 MG -- Change your oil every 8,000 miles or so.

5 - 6 MPG -- Change your oil every 10,000 - 12,000 miles or so.

6 - 7 MPG -- Change your oil every 12,000 - 15,000 miles or so.

7 - 8 MPG -- Change your oil every 15,000 - 18,000 miles or so.

8 - 9 MPG -- Change your oil every 18,000 - 22,000 miles or so.

above 9 MPG -- Change your oil every 22,000 - 28,000 miles or so.

============

Synthetic DOES NOT EXTEND THIS.. as it is NOT superior in any way to conventional oils except when the engine is extremely cold and not up to temperature yet!!.

so.. if it is more expensive to run.. unless your regularly having to crank that engine in -30 degrees weather on a daily basis ... YOUR WASTING YOUR MONEYS by using synthetic (no matter the brand) if your spending more for it than another top regular non-syn brand!

YOU ALSO need to consider that --- I HAVE YET TO SEE AN ISX HAVE ANY KIND OF LUBRICATED COMPONENT FAILURE based at all on accumulated wear on a properly cared for engine (no matter what top, readily avail brand of oil was used) that caused its demise!!!>.. IT IS ALWAYS NON-LUBRICATED PARTS THAT WEAR OUT THAT NECESSITATE ITS EVENTUAL INFRAME!.

SO IF YOU THINK YOUR going to extend that engine's life by one damn bit BY USING A SUPER-DUPER MIRACLE BRAND OF OIL.. EVEN IF IT DID EXIST/../.. IS NOTHING BUT A PIPE DREAM AND WASTE OF MONEYS!

and NO.. a bypass oil filter system IS NOT GOING TO SIGNIFICANTLY EXTEND YOU OIL CHANGES to make up for higher oil costs!!! - Here is what you need to read...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...617#pid617

-===
If someone wants to GET THE ABSOLUTE MOST LIFE OUT OF THEIR ENGINE.... LEARN TO DRIVE IT PROPERLY, LEARN TO USE LESS TORQUE AND HIGHER RPM'S WHEN UNDER LOADS, AND LEARN TO 100% CARE FOR IT PROPERLY.. AND THIS WILL FAR, FAR EXCEED ANY OVER-PRICED, SO-CALLED MIRACLE LIQUID CURES THAT YOU CAN POSSIBLY HOPE TO POUR INTO THE THING!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1 , hookliftpete , Pd6cas2
11-03-2021, (Subject: Thoughts on Mystik 15w50? ) 
(11-02-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  
(11-02-2021 )amermextrucker Wrote:  

Unfortunately I have not been sampling but thinking of doing them.As far as brands I haven’t really been consistent with one brand.I really like Delo at the Wally World price but can’t find it anymore and the auto parts store pricing is crazy.So I have used Traveller,Delvac,SuperTech,and Phillips 66 all 15w40.

Using different brand oils is no good , causes accelerated wear. Pick one and stick to it.
replyreply
01-04-2022, (Subject: Thoughts on Mystik 15w50? ) 
I’m having good oil pressure with this oil but I had to add a gallon at 6000 miles after the oil change and another at 10k.Never have I had this much usage with other oils.Is the oil to blame? Or do I have another issue?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.