Anti seize when it should be used and when it shouldn’t?
11-03-2021, (Subject: Anti seize when it should be used and when it shouldn’t? ) 
Anti seize when it should be used and when it shouldn’t?
Wondering what anti seize should be used on and what it shouldn’t be used on?
replyreply
11-03-2021, (Subject: Anti seize when it should be used and when it shouldn’t? ) 
RE: Anti seize when it should be used and when it shouldn’t?
Usually anything that gets hot and easily rusts over, key is not to drown it with it so it doesn't back off on you. Frame bolts too unless loctite is recommended like 5th wheel pedestals for example. Otherwise consult the manufacturers manuals on mounting bolts.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1 , Rawze , Signature620
11-04-2021, (Subject: Anti seize when it should be used and when it shouldn’t? ) 
I use it “lightly” on everything unless the manual specifically says to use loctite or something else. I mean everything…because I know when it needs to come off again I will the unlucky bastard that has to remove it…

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RocketScott
11-04-2021, (Subject: Anti seize when it should be used and when it shouldn’t? ) 
Anything hot, exhaust-related, prone to sieze or prone to breaking. You'll appreciate it next time you wind out a broken manifold bolt with ease.
replyreply
11-05-2021, (Subject: Anti seize when it should be used and when it shouldn’t? ) 
Make sure you understand it acts as a lubricant and absolutely changes torque dynamics.If it calls for 50 ft lbs and you lube it up with anti seize then you tighten to 50 ft lbs you can break or strip.[/quote]
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.