Disabling brake light activation when jakes are on
11-08-2021, (Subject: Disabling brake light activation when jakes are on ) 
Disabling brake light activation when jakes are on
Got a buddy with a 15’ model w900 with a deregulated Cummins in it. What software do I need to turn the brake lights off when the jakes are on? Not looking for software trading just asking what I would need
replyreply
RE: Disabling brake light activation when jakes are on
Inisite has no option for that, I've looked on a couple different trucks.. I believe that's hard coded into newer revisions of the calibrations myself. Could possibly downgrade to a slightly older calibration maybe, but I just leave it personally. I look at it now as a safety feature more than change and nuisance.

Someone else may know how to undo it tho that would chime in.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Luckyjayb
On my paccar products you need ESA to turn that setting off.
replyreply
(11-08-2021 )NDISX15 Wrote:  Inisite has no option for that, I've looked on a couple different trucks.. I believe that's hard coded into newer revisions of the calibrations myself. Could possibly downgrade to a slightly older calibration maybe, but I just leave it personally. I look at it now as a safety feature more than change and nuisance.

It has nothing to do with the engine or its ECM software at all. it is in the cab module that does this..,. the paccar software is needed.. and even then, it may not be an option, as it is a safety requirement on newer model trucks.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: NDISX15 , Luckyjayb
(11-08-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  
(11-08-2021 )NDISX15 Wrote:  Inisite has no option for that, I've looked on a couple different trucks.. I believe that's hard coded into newer revisions of the calibrations myself. Could possibly downgrade to a slightly older calibration maybe, but I just leave it personally. I look at it now as a safety feature more than change and nuisance.

It has nothing to do with the engine or its ECM software at all. it is in the cab module that does this..,. the paccar software is needed.. and even then, it may not be an option, as it is a safety requirement on newer model trucks.

I didnt even think of the CECU being responsible for that function. Would make sense tho.
replyreply
11-09-2021, (Subject: Disabling brake light activation when jakes are on ) 
As long as your not a resident of CA. When I ordered all of my W9's I specified which switches do what, and that was one of the options that I had them turn off...

That was in 2018-2018.

You just need the pacar software and you can configure the switches lots of different ways.

User's Signature: I'm not arguing.... I just wanna know why
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Luckyjayb
11-09-2021, (Subject: Disabling brake light activation when jakes are on ) 
(11-09-2021 )Papa_Buck Wrote:  As long as your not a resident of CA. When I ordered all of my W9's I specified which switches do what, and that was one of the options that I had them turn off...

That was in 2018-2018.

You just need the pacar software and you can configure the switches lots of different ways.

We are in Alabama and don’t run out to Cali but it drives the rest of us nuts when those brake lights come on!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , tree98
11-10-2021, (Subject: Disabling brake light activation when jakes are on ) 
Is it a simple turn it off or do i have to go through programming to turn it off?
replyreply
11-10-2021, (Subject: Disabling brake light activation when jakes are on ) 
You have to have the software to turn the option on or off.

User's Signature: I'm not arguing.... I just wanna know why
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.