Ambient Temp Sensor
11-10-2021, (Subject: Ambient Temp Sensor ) 
Ambient Temp Sensor
I have a 2015 Prostar, I'm getting and Ambient Temp Sensor code.

Voltage above normal or shorted to high source.

I have replace the sensor out front by the horn and the barometric pressure sensor.

Traced wires as far as I can.

Question is Can I disable that sensor out by my city horn as I don't have the outside tempature displayed on the dash or is it used for something else?
replyreply
RE: Ambient Temp Sensor
You can not disable it

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1711

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(11-10-2021 )Slstransport917 Wrote:  ...
Question is Can I disable that sensor out by my city horn as I don't have the outside tempature displayed on the dash or is it used for something else?

barro and ambient sensors, normally not. They are used by the ecm to adjust fuel-air mix and other things in the engine. They can throw fuel mileage off and other things, including in extreme cases, what engine operating mode that the engine is in. Depends on how badly they are reading.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
11-30-2021, (Subject: Ambient Temp Sensor ) 
Does anyone know what the AAT sensor is wired to, ECM or body controler? I have tested the sensor and it is good, all of my other sensors have been replaced. I would like to move it from the front by the horn to the cowl. any suggestions?

I have looked at the Navistar wiring diagram but I can not make heads or tails out of it.
replyreply
12-01-2021, (Subject: Ambient Temp Sensor ) 
What is your VIN? The wiring diagrams are specific to build date ranges. I can probably find the correct schematic. if you can read the numbers on the wires at the sensor that will help.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.