CM870 Front timing structure/Exhaust manifold/Oil Pan
01-16-2022, (Subject: CM870 Front timing structure/Exhaust manifold/Oil Pan ) 
CM870 Front timing structure/Exhaust manifold/Oil Pan
Hello, I have a 2005 International 9200I with a cm870 ESN 79093067 /CPL 8520. Engine has developed a number of oil leaks.
1. Front timing structure leak
2. Oil pan.
I'm currently trying to gather up a parts/Special tools list to do this job, looking to know what i should be replacing while i am doing this job. Any advice would be appreciated.
I also have developed an exhaust manifold leak, i would like to replace it i am not sure if i should stay vgt or put a t6 style turbo on it? Also what brand of exhaust manifold/turbo do you recommend? thank you
replyreply
RE: CM870 Front timing structure/Exhaust manifold/Oil Pan
Use OEM parts and gaskets
And for god sake leave the vgt on it
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Volvo8873 , Rawze
Removing the VGT is a sign of mental illness. And you will have 2/3 of your Jake
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Volvo8873
01-17-2022, (Subject: CM870 Front timing structure/Exhaust manifold/Oil Pan ) 
You'll need a timing pin and wedges, cam gear puller, front crank seal installer, overhead adjustment tools, enough torque wrenches to cover 70inlb up to 110ftlb, Loctite 609 and any good automotive RTV.

When you pull it apart, check whether the injector cam gear retainer is a flat or tapered disc. The tapered ones are prone to breaking and should always be updated if removed.

Treat the oil rifle with the utmost respect, any filings, rocks, dirt, lint, etc that goes in there can ruin your bottom end. I like to blow air around before removing the housing and giving the area around the rifle a quick clean up and tape immediately.

I also like to brush a thin layer of Permatex Aviation Sealant on the gear housing gasket to help it last as long as possible. There are plenty of other options (silicone, antiseize, nothing, etc).
replyreply
 Thanks given by: schISM , Rawze , Bakanka

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.