Catalytic Converter
01-08-2022, (Subject: Catalytic Converter ) 
Catalytic Converter
Dumb question, how do you know when it's bad?
replyreply
RE: Catalytic Converter
You referring to the catalyst before the dpf?
replyreply
Yup. Is there another
replyreply
Some trucks came with a catalytic converter muffler stack. These were trucks that didn't have egr or doc/dpf like the Cat acert engines for example. The only way they "go bad" is to plug up and cause exhaust flow restriction.

What exactly are you referring to?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
The DOC before the DPF 2009 ISX. Just wondering
replyreply
(01-08-2022 )HankAz Wrote:  The DOC before the DPF 2009 ISX. Just wondering

when it starts to fail a regen cycle .. or if Insite is showing an average Inhg rating in the "regen hostory" screen .. on the far right column.. of more than 3.0 inhg when looking down thru the history.

here is another thread where someone posted a pic, that shows what I am referring to...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid66069

On a typical a highway truck, the DOC and DPF will usually last about 600k+ miles if you take proper care of them + take proper care of the engine with regular tune-up work, like I describe in my egr-tune up videos.

- Remember.. that it is the ENGINE ITSELF that makes the soot that clogs them up. If they are clogging up too often then it is an ENGINE PROBLEM.. not a dpf problem.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: volvo126
01-11-2022, (Subject: Catalytic Converter ) 
Thanks Rawze. That's what I was looking for. I just didn't word it right from the beginning.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.