N14 celect plus rebuilt
11-10-2021, (Subject: N14 celect plus rebuilt ) 
N14 celect plus rebuilt
All right lads, got a good question for ya. Rebuilding a N14 celect plus with the magic CPL back to a 525hp and 1850 ft lbs torque. I know these engines aren’t made to run off this garbage fuel nowadays compared to what was around when they were in their prime. I was wondering if the old 2 stroke or trans fluid in the fuel trick still works to help the injector life on these motors. It is being built to Cummins specs but I know these reman injectors have been remanned more times that we can count. Any advice on a fuel additive to help prolong the life of the injectors? Thanks in advance for the help.
replyreply
11-10-2021, (Subject: N14 celect plus rebuilt ) 
RE: N14 celect plus rebuilt
I would go with what you mentioned..... 2 stroke or {rest of post deleted by rawze.. bad advice}

Always happy to learn proper methods

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
11-11-2021, (Subject: N14 celect plus rebuilt ) 
trans fluid (automatic transmissions fluid like dextron, etc). IS BAD FOR YOUR ENGINE!!!!... PERIOD!!!!....

ONLY PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THE H$ELL THAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT WHO DOES OR RECOMMENDS USING ATF IN THE FUEL SYSTEMS FOR THEIR ENGINE!!!-- AND THIS BIT OF BAD INFO WAS A DISEASE OF IN THE TRUCKING INDUSTRY BACK IN THE DAY.. AND STILL IS TODAY!. - ATF causes accelerated cylinder liner wear once it hits the combustion chamber!

Also, the engine does not need "special extra additives" in the fuel to make it run correctly and last a long time. - That sounds like internet rambo-trash talk found on the social medai faceflookk garbage to me.

here is some more proper reference info for you if your really that curious...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...622#pid622

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
11-11-2021, (Subject: N14 celect plus rebuilt ) 
Like my a guy told me (owns the local injector shop)
ATF is not ment to be burnt in an engine or as a fuel and will cause soot build up
and when it is burnt the temps are way hot
IF you want to add a bit of lubricate to the fuel 2 stroke oil is alot better route IN SMALL amounts, 1qt per 30ish gal of fuel
BUT this is in reguards of older engines that actually use the fuel to lube the fuel pump it self (pre emmisions)
replyreply
11-13-2021, (Subject: N14 celect plus rebuilt ) 
(11-11-2021 )RollinCoal Wrote:  IF you want to add a bit of lubricate to the fuel 2 stroke oil is alot better route IN SMALL amounts, 1qt per 30ish gal of fuel
BUT this is in reguards of older engines that actually use the fuel to lube the fuel pump it self (pre emmisions)
A quart per 30 gallons (1:120) seems like a lot. I would be adding over 2 gallons every fuel up (~260 gallons) to hit that ratio. Sounds like a big expense and I'd be afraid of ramming that much oil through the high pressure injectors.

Wouldn't a quart of Howells or any other fuel lubricant be much more cost effective too?
replyreply
11-13-2021, (Subject: N14 celect plus rebuilt ) 
(11-13-2021 )Chamberpains Wrote:  
(11-11-2021 )RollinCoal Wrote:  IF you want to add a bit of lubricate to the fuel 2 stroke oil is alot better route IN SMALL amounts, 1qt per 30ish gal of fuel
A quart per 30 gallons (1:120) seems like a lot. I would be adding over 2 gallons every fuel up (~260 gallons) to hit that ratio. Sounds like a big expense and I'd be afraid of ramming that much oil through the high pressure injectors.

Wouldn't a quart of Howells or any other fuel lubricant be much more cost effective too?

Actually the proper mix of (ashless) 2-cycle to diesel to replace missing sulphur is 1:128. The wholesale fuel suppliers in the industry should be using this ratio of mix but it seems a lot of them cheat the system and do not mix as much.. depends on the region of the country u live in I think.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , JMBT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.