Tire wear
11-12-2021, (Subject: Tire wear ) 
Tire wear
I have what looks like cupping on 2 tires on opposite sides of the truck.What could be the cause?

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: Tire wear
Same tire different view.

replyreply
that one is very obvious!!!... The wheel bearings out of spec... they should be re-torqued every 250k miles to prevent this.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
Here’s the other tire on the opposite side.

replyreply
[quote='Rawze' pid='68765' dateline='1636750059']
that one is very obvious!!!... The wheel bearings out of spec... they should be re-torqued every 250k miles to prevent this.
[/quote

When I have the wheel bearings adjusted do I have any hope of that tire straightening out some?
replyreply
Once they start to wear funny it's never gonna be the way it was before. Just retorque your wheel bearings and keep driving, those tires aren't bad at all yet if you ask me.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(11-12-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  ...
When I have the wheel bearings adjusted do I have any hope of that tire straightening out some?
NO... that tire wear is set in and that edge will move along the pavement at a different rate (because it is a smaller diameter now than the rest of the tire) while in contact with the roads.. and that wear will accelerate over time and it will never go away .. but only slowly get worse now that it has set in. That type of tire wear is a one way trip.. BUT you should FIX THE HUB BEARINGS AND RE-TORQUE THEM PROPERLY . to slow it down as much as possible, and so that the next set of rears you get do not do this.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
11-13-2021, (Subject: Tire wear ) 
I've slowed that kind of progressive wear by rotating those tires out of the inner position to the outer position.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: amermextrucker , Redland1 , JMBT , LRT1549

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.