Re-build fried engine?
11-18-2021, (Subject: Re-build fried engine? ) 
RE: Re-build fried engine?
There's some decent discussion (at least for me there was) when i had to undergo a rebuild here on a 2250: https://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=6973

Some concerns from a recon engine:
- Have heard of 2 locally that needed some type of major work within 2 years (inframe, new head, spun bearing cant recall tbh).
- Others can comment, but to my knowledge with a recon:
- you are not sure if it's a new head or reman
- It's most likely a reman turbo, which have had some troubles if you look at the forum
- The liner height is set to within spec and not necessarily what it should be for a long lasting engine (14 thou, i think rawze is recommending 15 thou now, but confirm).

I will say this - when I did mine, the cost was basically the same as a reman, and sometimes I think whether I should've gone the other route. But if you can either do it yourself or keep a close eye to ensure it's done properly, I think there's more peace of mind knowing its done right. But keep in mind, if you have to replace:
- EGR cooler and valve (keep it mandated option)
- all 6 injectors
- Cam, rocker shafts, rockers, any wiring harness
- oil cooler, fuel pump,
- damper
- turbo

All of that stuff adds up pretty fast. And people who don't consider the above, or verify the items, regret it later on.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: schISM , barf

Messages In This Thread
Re-build fried engine? - barf - 11-17-2021,
RE: Re-build fried engine? - Hermjeji - 11-18-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.