Re-build fried engine?
11-20-2021, (Subject: Re-build fried engine? ) 
RE: Re-build fried engine?
(11-19-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  
(11-18-2021 )Nostalgic Wrote:  ...
up my 2732 cpl to a higher tier - thinking 2919 right now, but will get some input before I order pistons and injectors

that would require different...

* Pistons - (different compression ratio, lower crown in center of higher hp pistons)

* Injectors - (bigger chamber size to allow for faster fuel flow at the higher volumes into the cylinders )

* Injector cam - (completely different injector starting angle to accomodate the different injector profiles)

* Entire head is different- (bigger exhaust valves in the head)

* Valve cam - (matches up with the bigger exhaust valves in the head)

* VGT Turbo is also different - (Heavy-duty titanium, high heat turbine and higher flow housing)

====

Valve cam is the same - injector cam is different. Head shows the same # as well, but I'd be tempted to just go with a new head anyway. Other than 9k for new, not reman injectors, the turbo may sting a little if it's not something I could sort out with Yiyito. There's no valid need to justify any of it, just my want. No idea how much time I have left on this rock, or in a truck for that matter, so it's something I want to do while I'm able.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Re-build fried engine? - barf - 11-17-2021,
RE: Re-build fried engine? - Nostalgic - 11-20-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.