2012 ISX t800
11-21-2021, (Subject: 2012 ISX t800 ) 
2012 ISX t800
Looking at purchasing a 2012 t800 with a 2250 isx set at 500.
400k kms (250k miles) on the truck, has a brand new complete drop in engine 3000 kms ago. 3 yr warranty on engine. 1 owner truck came from a good home, emission equip has been taken care of ( still legal to delete here) just wondering what are some things I should be looking for, and what kind of life should I expect from this engine? Mostly hauling b train hopper trailers or 4 axle end dump. TIA
replyreply
11-21-2021, (Subject: 2012 ISX t800 ) 
RE: 2012 ISX t800
Assuming fora moment that your in canada (due to your de-mandate comment)... keep it away from the "delete" / "tuning" shops up there .. they are all beyond horrible!. ... that will be your biggest mistake.

And that road-train community of truckers up there .. they are most all beyond power hungry idiots when it comes to their engines and equipment... Its like a disease up there for some reason .. nothing but engine destroying crowd who is h#$ll bent on 2,000+ ft.lbs of engine torturing garbage and tuning and deletes and then blame it all on the engine when it all goes south every 2-3 years due to torture and horrible hack-job programming. .. That is what you in for if you listen to most of them that haul those road trains up there.

here is where your education on the subject should start...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
11-22-2021, (Subject: 2012 ISX t800 ) 
(11-21-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  Assuming fora moment that your in canada (due to your de-mandate comment)... keep it away from the "delete" / "tuning" shops up there .. they are all beyond horrible!. ... that will be your biggest mistake.

And that road-train community of truckers up there .. they are most all beyond power hungry idiots when it comes to their engines and equipment... Its like a disease up there for some reason .. nothing but engine destroying crowd who is h#$ll bent on 2,000+ ft.lbs of engine torturing garbage and tuning and deletes and then blame it all on the engine when it all goes south every 2-3 years due to torture and horrible hack-job programming. .. That is what you in for if you listen to most of them that haul those road trains up there.

here is where your education on the subject should start...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255
Thanks Rawze

yes, were in Quebec Canada. Legal to gross 62.500 kgs (137.800 lbs) in Qc and 63.500 kgs (140.000 lbs) in Ontario ( with 5 axle b train setup) so 500+ hp is nice for sure but I will agree there is lots of cowboys in the world that go way over the top in terms of power. Im not sure on who did the delete but I will look into which shop did. I do know hp & tq were left at stock settings it was simply done in to deal with emissions equip.
What other major things should a guy look for/ watch out for? I will be looking into fuel pump & cam follower details to see if updates have been done as per what ive read in numerous threads.

Thanks
replyreply
11-22-2021, (Subject: 2012 ISX t800 ) 
(11-22-2021 )SB Ag Wrote:  ...Im not sure on who did the delete but I will look into which shop did

You need to pull a copy of that program A.S.A.P. from that ecm and e-mail it to me and get a proper review of what someone did.. If you value that equipment at all, this would be top priority.

ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid65522

ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid63893

====

next would be if the hardware changes were done corectly.

* Does it still have the VGT turbo?

* Any block plates?.. how thick are they and where are they at?

* Is the coolant flow still allowed thru the EGR cooler?

are ALL the cans gutted 100% tot he bare metal?... INCLUDING THE SCR?.. many shops do not do this properly and you loose the engine (or have repeated turbo failures) a few years later due to one or more of the THREE CANS that need to be 100% hollowed out ... it clogging up or falling apart internally.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.