2007 Pete ISX DPF
11-22-2021, (Subject: 2007 Pete ISX DPF ) 
2007 Pete ISX DPF
Been searching the forums for the answers but have ended up more confused than anything. I recently bought a 2007 Pete 379 with a reman (2016) twin cam ISX in it (S/N 8L5003920) (also has DR6230-RX on the tag, injector p/n 4088665-LA, cid 15 L, series: x, cpl: (3or8)520… but no hp rating on the tag). This truck came with a HUG filter systems DPF on it, and after tracing wires from the inoperable dash gauge for the system, found that the wires had been cut and removed to the control box for the DPF. I bypassed the DPF and no check engine lights have come up, and there was no doscher line installed behind the turbo… so I have no clue what somebody has done or what they were trying to accomplish (this truck did come out of California). It’s no surprise that it runs better after getting the clogged DPF off of it. I’m looking for info on the proper steps to take to get insite (or inline or whatever it is I actually need) and what all is needed to do the @m*m^2 to this truck. Im currently looking for a dedicated laptop but I’m really curious as to what has already been done to this truck, as it seems somebody obviously didn’t follow through with anything they were attempting to do. Any help or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
replyreply
RE: 2007 Pete ISX DPF
An Inline-6 adapter kit off e-bay (china) and cheap windows-10 laptop is what most truck owners use.

Pull the program out of it and e-mail it to me. I will review it and tell you how good or bad it may be for the engine.

As far as the hardware goes.. is there an engine ser# (an ESN#?)... and maybe take a pic or 3, post them, of what your trying to describe so that it makes more sense.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Here’s pictures of the data plate

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
And again

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
That is a CM870 (egr-only) engine that does not require a DPF filter. Assuming for a moment that the engine cover matches the actual engine, It is a long-block certified reman engine.

If it has a DPF on the truck, then it is an after-market one for California compliance.. and they are typically nothing but garbage. The engine does not require one... it only needs the EGR valve/system to work to be fully compliant.

Just some more info on engine for your records ...
That is a mid-tier (450HP) engine with the alternate 6/6 timing wedge offsets in it.

here is a random ser# that can be used for looking up parts on it on quickserv, since the recon ser# does not come up...

You can use engine ser#: {79173970} on quickserv.com when looking up parts or ordering stuffs for it. This engine ser# is the exact same hardware as the one in your pics above ... it is simply another CM870 - ( CPL8520) (program: AB10424.xx), rated the same HP and specs, etc.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BoxcarWillie

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.