What should I do next?
11-23-2021, (Subject: What should I do next? ) 
RE: What should I do next?
Just sitting there running the engine isn't going to hurt anything just don't put it in gear of course.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
11-24-2021, (Subject: What should I do next? ) 
Yes thank you, I was driving slower because of a c.e.l that had come on and was headed to the nearest truck stop with a computer to hook up to it. I was told to call this morning and a local shop would send someone out. The locals here in texas have been extremely kind. I was just dropped of a breakfast sandwich and coffee.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
Usually carrier bearings let you know their bad long before they fail. You never had any feeling like you had a flat spot in a tire or an engine misfire in the 1400 and below rpm range?

My truck and dad's both had these symptoms when carrier started to die.

Also you can idle the truck just put rpms around 1000rpm to keep cylinder pressures up which helps prevent any fuel wash around the rings.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
Where you at in Texas? What I usually do when I have a breakdown on the road and it’s not something major is I get an Uber to the parts store and wherever else I need to go if I don’t have a tool.Have even had the compressor break down in a rural town in Virginia with one truck dealer and they didn’t have a compressor in stock and couldn’t get an Uber to the nearest town that had it In stock an hour and a half away.Ended up renting a car.
replyreply
(11-24-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  Where you at in Texas? What I usually do when I have a breakdown on the road and it’s not something major is I get an Uber to the parts store and wherever else I need to go if I don’t have a tool.Have even had the compressor break down in a rural town in Virginia with one truck dealer and they didn’t have a compressor in stock and couldn’t get an Uber to the nearest town that had it In stock an hour and a half away.Ended up renting a car.

And probably save a ton of money considering what some of these people charge
And where are you in tx,
I know a few fellas over there that dont mind helping a fellow driver out if your fairly close
replyreply
Redland1, you are the man! I do the same shi#t!!!

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.