Regen,soot load,aftertreatment injector issues
08-23-2016, (Subject: Regen,soot load,aftertreatment injector issues ) 
Regen,soot load,aftertreatment injector issues
Having trouble with this 2012 kenworth t800, cm2250

Performed egr tune up, went through and cleaned every sensor, and replaced a few that cant be cleaned. After treatment diesel injector has been recently replaced. The doc and dpf filter have been recently cleaned.
Also the differential psi sensor has been replaced, egr cooler replaced Truck passes the cyl cut out test.

After the truck finishes regen, throws a particulate trap 1 psi code. The soot load is all over the place. Let me give a brief description of what I watched on insite when I took the truck on a 1 1/2 hour ride.

This last forced regen all the readings looked good, truck came out of regen, soot load before regen was over 4.5oz.

So it do pretrip quick on truck, and preceded to leave the yard. Soot load was reading 0 at this point. Truck was still hot from the regen, so I get out on the highway and got the truck up to speed and like the flip of a switch soot load jumped right back up to around 4oz, so im like wtf... Got about 8 miles down the road and I watched it start performing a passive regen, temps got nice and hot and I watched the soot load start dropping. Nice... Kept driving eventually I looked harder at my list of parameters, and noticed the aftertreatment diesel injector status said "open" wtf are you serious im thinking... So about 1 hour in I stop at the fuel island, and at this point no cel and soot load is 0 aftertreatment injector status was "closed"

Filled up truck, looked at my parameters, everything is looking great. I proceed to leave the truck stop and I didn't even make it to 3rd or 4th gear. Bam cel light, its asking for a regen I look over and the soot load was well past the 6oz mark, so I make it onto highway and get rolling and the red stop engine light came on, derated to 1500rpm

I had differential pressure codes, my laptop died shortly after this. Lol wtf.

This truck does need a turbo since it coughs pretty bad during regens, I actually heard it coughing driving down the road.

But how can the soot load jump so high immediately, its not a gradual rise, its in seconds.

Could this issue somehow be something faulty electronic side, giving the ecm false data???
I cant imagine the turbo dumping oil into the dpf filter that fast.

I need some help/opinions on what next to do

This truck, I want to burn it down!!

I will edit in some screen shots of the numbers during regen and also when I was driving down the road
replyreply
08-24-2016, (Subject: Regen,soot load,aftertreatment injector issues ) 
RE: Regen,soot load,aftertreatment injector issues
One or two things here. From what we have seen here is been a cracked DPF that will shift and clog some what. Or 2 gaskets on DPF and sensors not reading proper readings. You got to remember the ECM only knows what it is being told. Id check the Pressure sensor on the cans and the tubes make sure they are clean. Also if you have insite take a reading with truck cold and off (not running key on) If you see anything abnormal.THen start it up to see if the number jump at all.
replyreply
08-24-2016, (Subject: Regen,soot load,aftertreatment injector issues ) 
When you had the DPF cleaned, did you do a "new filter instillation" procedure? -- you should have. Otherwise, it will jump right back to the old readings when you drive it.

NEXT,... WHAT INCOMPETENT MORON? TOLD YOU THAT THE TURBO IS BAD JUST BECAUSE IT "coughs" (cummins calls it "turbo chuff")?. That turbo is going to do that if the egine is getting bad feedback data to the intake and/or EGR. DId you replace the EGR Delta-P sensor and clean out the passages in the mounting block? That will cause it, the IMAP sensor can cause it (replace it!), and the exhaust back-pressure sensor, and as well, the EGR valve not positioning correctly will too.

Also, ensure you have the right program in the ECM, and that it is up to date, and read this post carefully ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1

================

I PM"d you my number.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-26-2016, (Subject: Regen,soot load,aftertreatment injector issues ) 
(08-24-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  When you had the DPF cleaned, did you do a "new filter instillation" procedure? -- you should have. Otherwise, it will jump right back to the old readings when you drive it.

NEXT,... WHAT INCOMPETENT MORON? TOLD YOU THAT THE TURBO IS BAD JUST BECAUSE IT "coughs" (cummins calls it "turbo chuff")?. That turbo is going to do that if the egine is getting bad feedback data to the intake and/or EGR. DId you replace the EGR Delta-P sensor and clean out the passages in the mounting block? That will cause it, the IMAP sensor can cause it (replace it!), and the exhaust back-pressure sensor, and as well, the EGR valve not positioning correctly will too.

Also, ensure you have the right program in the ECM, and that it is up to date, and read this post carefully ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1

================

I PM"d you my number.

Yes the dpf filter reset option was performed, as well as the doc reset option (both)

Actually did the reset twice.

I cleaned the egr valve myself and it wasnt stuck, the imap, egr diff psi sensor and exhaust back psi sensor as well as the differential pressure sensor on the dpf was replaced.

Ports were cleaned out, "blown out" "sucked out"

The egr side was in fact sooty but it should be...

Could kenworth have made a mistake with passing a failed dpf filter to me???

We had a truck do a similar issue and I said "fu k it" and replaced the dpf with a new filter after the previous filter was "cleaned by kenworth" and that truck has not thrown any issues since...

Gotta keep in mind these trucks are so abused by the long idle times.

We have a few trucks with more hours then miles do to long idle times in the oil fields.
replyreply
08-27-2016, (Subject: Regen,soot load,aftertreatment injector issues ) 
I'm not an expert by any stretch here, but Mr Hagg asked about the metal tubes/lines going into the DOC/DPF cans. When I ridded myself of the mandate, I removed my cans, and found those metal tubes were clogged with soot, to the point they were useless. And if you are idling allot in the oil patch... I bet there is soot in places you would never imagine. I worked for an outfit outside of Fairview MT, we had KWs with the ISX and were always having issues with these systems. They told us to drive them until they failed, then hauled them off to the dealer to fix.
replyreply
08-30-2016, (Subject: Regen,soot load,aftertreatment injector issues ) 
So, removed the differential pressue tubes blew them out, all checked out ok.

Forced regen, soot load was 0.Leaving the yard for a test drive. Soot load started reading .02 then increased up over to 4.oz again. The aftertreatment injector kept turning on then turning off, stayed on for a bit and would shut off, wtf.

Climbed a bunch of hills. Weird thing I noticed was when I.would jake going down hills I noticed the soot load dropping faster when I was jaking then just running full throttle up the hills.

Threw a bunch diff pressure codes. Then the regen light would come on then go off, soot load dropped only to about 3.oz

Why would the aftertreatment injector come on and go off, almost as the it couldnt make up its mind on wtf it shoild do?

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201608/post_1653_1472665412_4d26eb0eda34e69c320df4b0dbddb615.jpg
replyreply
What were the input output and doc temps?

User's Signature: I don't know sh!t from shinola!
replyreply
The injector nozzle doesn't always stay open, it's just there to help the doc and dpf get to temperature and stay there. If the doc and input temp get too high it will shut down. Check your temp sensors, I've had the wires go bad on mine before.

User's Signature: I don't know sh!t from shinola!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.