Radar deathtrap
12-15-2021, (Subject: Radar deathtrap ) 
RE: Radar deathtrap
There are ways to disable these systems, but they vary by manufacturer and radar model/year. When disabled they will render the cruise control useless... Now, the fix may vary by truck OEM and year, but on my 2012 Pete all I had to do was go into Insite and disable the option for adaptive cruise control. On my truck the system was meritor and was not integrated into the cab so all I had to do was remove the dash and unplug the meritor display unit. Newer trucks might need the OEM software to change something in the cab controller? Regardless, simply unplugging the bumper sensor should disable the system, but may throw ABS codes in addition to the loss of cruise control. Which is of course bad if you get stopped with an ABS light on in your dash :(

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , snailexpress
12-25-2021, (Subject: Radar deathtrap ) 
RE: Radar deathtrap
the input on this issue goes to the point that these systems do not let our instincts drive the truck! the systems is set the same for a loaded truck as an empty truck. the alarms in the dash are worse then an EX screaming at you through a phone! It's psychologically damaging to drive with that racket blaring through a rush hour drive, how can you relax and concentrate? To the point of disabling I've managed to find the Achilles heel. I can render it inactive as needed and turn back on without lingering faults, the cruise is temporarily off, but wouldn't be using it in those situations anyway. Where there's a will there's a way, and I don't have to get out of truck or cycle key off, went through first ice storm without it! What a pleasure!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.