ISX cm2350 lope
12-14-2021, (Subject: ISX cm2350 lope ) 
ISX cm2350 lope
I have a 2015 peterbilt 389 with a cummins isx cm2350 that has a lope idle when its cold outside. Even tho the engine is at operating temperature. Truck is DEF and EGR deleted. Still has VGT turbo. I will send in a link to a video of what it sounds like. And it shakes the whole truck when it does this. The check engine light was because of a bad Exhaust pressure sensor. I replaced the sensor and the check engine light is now gone. Still idles like this tho.
https://youtube.com/shorts/5OGhjOD7oqY?feature=share
replyreply
RE: ISX cm2350 lope
From the video, that truck sounds exactly like it has a bad delete in it.. I can hear the turbo spooled up at idle. This is a direct indication that it is running in the wrong engine operating mode, its likely permanently stuck there, trying to warm-up the (likely missing/hollowed out) DPF as fast as can!.

MORE THAN 90+% of all de-mandate "tunes" are absolutely horrible and severely shorten the life of the engine. repeating failures of the turbocharger, Blown head gasket in a few years, piston thru the block, etc.etc. and all the other problems these engine suffer are the result. This all while the truck owner swears it seems to run ok, till its too late. The engine running in the wrong operating modes is this same biggest problem that causes the most amount of harm to them.

If you value that engine at all, you should PULL a copy of that program (using the CT software) out of that ECM a.s.a.p. and send it to me for a review. I will tell you exactly what that engine is doing.

You are new here... so its most likely that your journey has just begun towards starting to understand how to properly own an ISX enigne. How to properly care for it, etc. and to stop listening to the gaggle of idiots out there that are more than willing to take your moneys or lead you down the wrong paths with it, spreading mis-information. this trucking industry is plagued with all these problems.. and everyone blamed the equipment when it all goes wrong instead of looking in the mirror.

here is one place that your education should start:
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(12-14-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  From the video, that truck sounds exactly like it has a bad delete in it.. I can hear the turbo spooled up at idle. This is a direct indication that it is running in the wrong engine operating mode, its likely permanently stuck there, trying to warm-up the (likely missing/hollowed out) DPF as fast as can!.

MORE THAN 90+% of all de-mandate "tunes" are absolutely horrible and severely shorten the life of the engine. repeating failures of the turbocharger, Blown head gasket in a few years, piston thru the block, etc.etc. and all the other problems these engine suffer are the result. This all while the truck owner swears it seems to run ok, till its too late. The engine running in the wrong operating modes is this same biggest problem that causes the most amount of harm to them.

If you value that engine at all, you should PULL a copy of that program (using the CT software) out of that ECM a.s.a.p. and send it to me for a review. I will tell you exactly what that engine is doing.
Ok how would I go about getting a copy of the program? And what's the best way to fix it? Is there harm being done to the engine this way? And if its a bad delete it would make sense that it only does this when the weather is cold?
replyreply
(12-14-2021 )Petegraintrain Wrote:  ...
Ok how would I go about getting a copy of the program? And what's the best way to fix it? Is there harm being done to the engine this way? And if its a bad delete it would make sense that it only does this when the weather is cold?

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid68742

START by solving one problem at a time!. START by addressing the most important of them first!.

do you have an adapter and the Insite software?. It can be had off flea-bay for about $300 bucks or so.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Volvo8873
(12-14-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  
(12-14-2021 )Petegraintrain Wrote:  ...

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid68742

START by solving one problem at a time!. START by addressing the most important of them first!.

do you have an adapter and the Insite software?. It can be had off flea-bay for about $300 bucks or so.
I don't have an adapter. Could you possibly send me a link to the kind of adapter I need? And would you park this thing until this is resolved or am I not doing damage to it? Pyro never goes over 900 turbo psi is usually 33-35 rarely i have seen it at 37-38 i know I'm asking a lot of questions right now but I'm just trying to figure out if I can keep running it or if it needs to be parked til I get a proper tune in it.
replyreply
(12-14-2021 )Petegraintrain Wrote:  ..
I don't have an adapter. Could you possibly send me a link to the kind of adapter I need? And would you park this thing until this is resolved or am I not doing damage to it? Pyro never goes over 900 turbo psi is usually 33-35 rarely i have seen it at 37-38 i know I'm asking a lot of questions right now but I'm just trying to figure out if I can keep running it or if it needs to be parked til I get a proper tune in it.

this might help..
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid67637

replyreply
(12-14-2021 )Petegraintrain Wrote:  https://youtube.com/shorts/5OGhjOD7oqY?feature=share

Oh my........
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic
12-15-2021, (Subject: ISX cm2350 lope ) 
(12-14-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  
(12-14-2021 )Petegraintrain Wrote:  ..

this might help..
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid67637
Could you explain what would cause it to do this if it is a bad delete? You said it was maybe stuck in the wrong operating mode. But why does it only do it when its cold outside? Never during the summer. And also its slowly getting worse.
replyreply
12-15-2021, (Subject: ISX cm2350 lope ) 
(12-15-2021 )Petegraintrain Wrote:  ...
Could you explain what would cause it to do this if it is a bad delete? You said it was maybe stuck in the wrong operating mode. But why does it only do it when its cold outside? Never during the summer. And also its slowly getting worse.

Your engine programming itself may or may not be the issue with it idling badly in cold weather. that could very well be a separate issue. i never addressed this issue yet in my replies so far because THERE ARE TOO MANY UNKNOWNS with regard to your original question.

. however, there is a chance it can be the programming too, and causing progressive damage to either the injectors, the cylinders, the valve train, etc.. if the programming HAS A VERY HIGH LIKENESS/CHANCE OF BEING BAD.

just some speculation,...
With the turbo over-spooling like that at idle, it could just simply be running too damn lean for that cold of weather, and progressively, with bad programming, incorrect fuel-air-mix all the time, and wrong operating modes.. injectors and/or the fuel system can be suffering the consequence of this over time, it now causing them to start to show sings of going bad... but no one knows for sure by just guessing at it across the interwebs.

on the other hand..
For all anyone knows, it could be partially that, and a combination of other things.. it could be simply suffering from a fuel supply issue, a leaky or bad injector, it could even perhaps be due to compression loss in a cylinder due to possible abuse to the valve train /engine (again, by possibility of bad programming) and its getting worse, .. could be something unrelated too ... the overhead valves simply out of adjustment.. etc.etc... your questions about the rough idle are too generic to answer without writing a book or guessing it it endlessly.

But you need to start by taking care of the very most important things FIRST!!!.. and see where this takes you.. That is what i said.

I.E.> Start somewhere.. Start by dressing the most obvious problems/unknowns and see where it takes you. -- THE MOST IMPORTANT THING!!!! PERIOD!!!!! ON THAT ENGINE IS TO ENSURE BEYOND ANY GODDAMN DOUBT WHATSOEVER THAT THE ECM PROGRAMMING IS NOT EATING UP THAT ENGINE INTERNALLY.. AND THAT IT IS DOING WHAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE DOING AT ALL TIMES!!!... EVEN IN COLD WEATHER!.. SO THAT IS FAR, FAR MORE IMPORTANT THAN A CRAPPY IDLE IN COLD WEATHER!!!.

SO... MY ADVICE SO FAR HAS NOT SO MUCH TO DO WITH YOUR CRAPPY IDLE BY VERY MUCH .. BUT THE MUCH MORE IMPORTANT, LARGER ISSUE THAT NEED TO BE ADRESED A.S.A.P.. THAT IS WHY!. WITHOUT SOLVING AND ANSWERING DEFINITELY, THAT THE PROGRAMMING ITSELF IS 100% GOOD, YOUR CHASING YOUR DAMN TAIL ON IT!!! .. AND SINCE THE LIFE-SPAN OF YOUR EQUIPMENT IS AT STAKE AS WELL.. I WOULD THINK THIS IS PRETTY GODDAMN IMPORTANT!!.. IF FACT THEM MOST IMPORTANT THING, NOW THAT IT HAS BEEN POINTED OUT TO YOU!.. THAT IS WHY!

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.