White smoke when given throttle
12-15-2021, (Subject: White smoke when given throttle ) 
White smoke when given throttle
I have been discussing with Rawze about my injectors but I didn’t want to trouble him much. We are a team and I’ll ask this question.
Had truck engine taken out of frame and redone because of one cracked piston. The engine is demandated and I have white smoke coming from exhaust when I climb hills or start accelerating after a long idle. Any one know what’s going on? After I pay off the 17 grand owed I plan on seeing mr hags to look and correct any problems with the program and condition of my engine. Just takes time.
“Happy Holidays” make it home safe
replyreply
12-15-2021, (Subject: White smoke when given throttle ) 
RE: White smoke when given throttle
By the way!

“Happy Holidays” make it home safe
replyreply
12-16-2021, (Subject: White smoke when given throttle ) 
Could be a leaky injector but typically you can hear slight miss or feel a vibration if an injector is dumping to much fuel in a cylinder. Losing coolant? Sounds like a dropped liner. There is lots of info on this topic right on this forum search through the threads.
Get that thing looked at now. Could very well be bad tuning , if so it could be why you had a cracked piston in the old engine.

User's Signature: 2015 389 Peterbilt. ISX 550 18speed 3.70 gears
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , rraccerr
12-16-2021, (Subject: White smoke when given throttle ) 
how many mles on it since the overhaul? .. Mine white-smoked (smelled like oil burn) for about the first 60k-70k miles after I inframed it. It took that long for the rings to fully seat, likely because I drove it gently most of the time + used 1-gal of gear lube in the enigne each oil change.

Programming.. well that is another issue all together. I am sure you have read other threads of me telling people to get the programming looked at / reviewed A.S.A.P. on here. there is good reason for me pushing this so hard.. because it is litrerally that important and a horrible, engine killing plague in the trucking industry... all while the truck owner seems to think everyting is ok while its going down the road, engine slowly eating its out guts out.

-- BTW: A cracked piston can only come from a couple things. here is some related info..
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13285

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rraccerr
12-18-2021, (Subject: White smoke when given throttle ) 
Thanks for the reply Team!
I’m a couple of loads short of paying the bill and hauling butt to Georgia. Hope to to,see you soon and give this truck a good service
In the mean time I’m reading related post suggestions and the mileage since rebuilt is eight thousand sir
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.