Winter front question
12-27-2021, (Subject: Winter front question ) 
Winter front question
I’ve been meaning to ask this question to the experts for a long time, what are your thoughts on running winter fronts? I’ve always been told not to as long as the truck will maintain it’s regular operating temp and they do more harm than good, but I don’t know if that is true. My trucks have always maintained normal coolant temps in -20 to -40 weather but the engine definitely sounds colder than normal when running at these temps. Any thoughts?
replyreply
12-28-2021, (Subject: Winter front question ) 
RE: Winter front question
The difference your hearing is probably just the different mode it's running in during Temps that cold. A winter front isn't going to change the temp of the air going into the engine so no it's not going to do anything for you.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
12-28-2021, (Subject: Winter front question ) 
(12-28-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  The difference your hearing is probably just the different mode it's running in during Temps that cold. A winter front isn't going to change the temp of the air going into the engine so no it's not going to do anything for you.

Makes sense, thanks. I figured if it’s able to maintain normal operating temp it would be better to not restrict airflow to the intercooler, but I’m just going off of dummy theories and assumptions.
replyreply
01-01-2022, (Subject: Winter front question ) 
{as a northern Canadian heavy-hauler}..
I am a huge fan of belly tarping . It allows your rads to be unrestricted but allows everything to run much warmer. Your cab will stay warmer and everything will retain alot more heat over night . Just my 2 cents .

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.