ISX15 CM870 Pto mode tuning
01-04-2022, (Subject: ISX15 CM870 Pto mode tuning ) 
ISX15 CM870 Pto mode tuning
I need some pointers here. I have activated Pto mode in insite and I have searched all over this forum and google searching with no success. I can bump my idle up with the cruise control switch off and it will go up to 800 rpm only. The switch will not let me select on then use throttle to set the rpm where I’d like or even bump it up incrementally. I need to know exactly how to set the parameters in insite to get this high idle to function correctly, if someone can help. Thank you.
replyreply
RE: ISX15 CM870 Pto mode tuning
With the cruise off that is setting the idle speed. To use high idle to set what you want you need to have the cruise on
replyreply
What make,model and year truck? Some models don't "bump" up. They are a press and hold. Some have the "resume" side of the cruise switch as PTO and set side as idle or the opposite. Also be sure your max PTO RPM is set high enough. I usually set mone to 1850 so I can quickly bubble test the intake/aftercooler system on the truck anywhere I'm at.
replyreply
Edit the values for 'set switch speed' and 'resume switch speed' to whichever values you'd like the engine to jump to when you hit either up or down while the cruise control is switched on. (Usually set one to 800 and the other to 1000 or whatever you want).

Then make sure the maximum speed is set to 1500 or more (the engine will then be limited by whatever is set as 'Max speed without VSS'

Set correctly, say you want to bump it to 1200. Switch cruise on, hit up or down, then hold up or down until the speed comes up to 1200. It will stay there until you press the clutch or brake.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(01-04-2022 )Mattmiller90 Wrote:  I need some pointers here. I have activated Pto mode in insite and I have searched all over this forum and google searching with no success. I can bump my idle up with the cruise control switch off and it will go up to 800 rpm only. The switch will not let me select on then use throttle to set the rpm where I’d like or even bump it up incrementally. I need to know exactly how to set the parameters in insite to get this high idle to function correctly, if someone can help. Thank you.

under the pto mode on insite, you have to set the desired speed, increment, and max rpm setting. on my cm870 in an international 9900i, i have to use the cruise switch to turn it on and then the set switch to raise and lower the rpms
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
01-18-2022, (Subject: ISX15 CM870 Pto mode tuning ) 
The truck is a 2007 international 9200i. I’ll go back into insite tomorrow and see if I can’t change those parameters again and check. Thanks everyone.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.