ISX15 ECM
01-15-2022, (Subject: ISX15 ECM ) 
ISX15 ECM
I recently purchased an ECM for my ISX15, the last time i was at the shop, it only showed "incab controls" and nothing else. A guy was suppose to come by and piggyback off the old ECM to get the new ECM to show everything. They had mentioned another componet that might be affection that, I think it it was the CEU. Does this supply power to the ECM?
replyreply
01-16-2022, (Subject: ISX15 ECM ) 
RE: ISX15 ECM
You did not mention what year/make of engine, truck, etc. by the way. More specific info would help.

Otherwise, generally speaking, to trasfer the truck specific settings....

If you can still connect to the old ecm with Insite, then all you have to do is make a work order, an ecm image, and then ecm template to back up all the truck specific settings.

then when u install the new ecm, you need to flash it with the correct software for that ser# engine, as specified on Quickserv.. Then restore the template backup that you made, so that it will restore all the truck specific settings.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hennessy
01-17-2022, (Subject: ISX15 ECM ) 
I dont want to "bash" this shop, because according to them, that have been "helping" me by checking the pins. but they truck is a 2014 KW T660, the engine is a 2013 ISX 15 cm2250. Just had an in frame done, truck with in for a new turbo and actuator, However, they realized that the ECM wasn't responding or getting power. lm hearing different stories from this guy and I don't know what I'm supposed to believe.
replyreply
01-17-2022, (Subject: ISX15 ECM ) 
Most of us here generally stay out of shops because most are hacks and end up blaming you for the things they screw up.

Get yourself a laptop with insite and start buying basic hand tools.

Open a free account on quickserve so you can access parts and service information specific to your engine.

Learn to fix it yourself so you aren't at the mercy of these crooks and by the way dealers are some of the worst.

If you need something real major done, take it to haggai diesel in griffin Georgia. They are the only trustworthy and knowledgeable shop I know of in the entire country.

The things your saying that the shop is telling you sound like a guy that doesn't have a clue what he's doing, if I were you I would be real leary about what he's doing and what it's gonna cost you.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Hennessy
01-18-2022, (Subject: ISX15 ECM ) 
IF its an ecm issue pm me I have a couple 2250 ecm's in my box :)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hennessy
01-20-2022, (Subject: ISX15 ECM ) 
Did someone swop engines cause a 2250 would not be in a 2014.. THat could be some issues.. Next I find lots of time that the data link going to turbo is corrupt due to emission issues or even wires disconnected. THe same data harness also feeds the def pump and all. THere is a terminal resistor in all that stuff in the bad that will get unplugged or pump system shorts out and kills data line.. Look on quick serve you will see what i am talking about... So far about 3 times a month we been getting this same issue come in here. Code will be turbo abnormal update rate. If we see that the first thing we do is ohm it out...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , JMBT , Hennessy
02-04-2022, (Subject: ISX15 ECM ) 
I just wanted to say thank you to some of the members on here. your opinions and your knowledge helped me in a big way. UPDATE........ so they finished my truck, and since there was no one there when i picked it up, they left the keys for me on the floorboard. After starting the truck, I immediately got a stop engine light on, followed by 2 yellow lights. Error code 3214, 1922, 1921, and 2 other codes, and the last code was for my aftertreatment diesel engine pressure switch (forgive me, still a newb here). Had to replace a inlet nox sensor ($711.63) and tried to clear the codes but still could not. Another one of the codes had to do with a fuel pressure sensor short. After a few hours of banging my head on why its idling so rough, I decided to look up the sensors and test them. The very first connector i tested, became the whole problem. It was burnt on the inside and was causing every problem i had. I cut out the connector, spliced in a new one from the local hardware store with butt connectors and heat shrink tubing. After that I was able to clear all the codes and hit the road again.
replyreply
02-04-2022, (Subject: ISX15 ECM ) 
(01-17-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  If you need something real major done, take it to haggai diesel in griffin Georgia. They are the only trustworthy and knowledgeable shop I know of in the entire country.

The things your saying that the shop is telling you sound like a guy that doesn't have a clue what he's doing, if I were you I would be real leary about what he's doing and what it's gonna cost you.

I'll have to remember that shop.

From that shop that my truck was at, all i had done was a new turbo/actuator, they ended up using the old ecm, and oil pan gasket with old oil pan $12784.XX
replyreply
02-05-2022, (Subject: ISX15 ECM ) 
there is no way in hell they would have gotten 12k for that
and you still couldnt drive the truck when you picked it up?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.