X15 turbo options
01-09-2022, (Subject: X15 turbo options ) 
RE: X15 turbo options
and by the way... saying you've made drag engine and bragging and such get you nowhere on this site. It is not unusual for me to work directly with people who are responsible for top fuel engines that make more than 5,000+ horsepower. I frequently work with people who design their own turbochargers and billet wheels.. i have been involved in a lot of various projects with diesel engines. and ISX's in particular for many years. NONE OF IT IS NEW TO ME, And yes, I have had my share of making the ISX itself produce more than 1,000+ HP ... properly, safely, and effectively over the years. I am extremely well versed in how to do things the right ways, and know what they need as such. This would INCLUDE the understanding and compensations of these more modern engine designs, where everything needs to be well kept in check so that longevity does not have to suffer.

THESE NEWER ISX'S .. CANNOT RUN ON THEIR OWN AT ALL without tearing their own guts out if the ECM's lateral thrust and friction control is compromised, even by a little bit. If a person was to strip the engine (like you say) all the way down to its bare head and block.. and then put fuel and air directly into the intake, like an old-school engine of the past... .. IT WILL STILL NOT RUN without tearing its own guts out!. it Would not matter what (diesel fuel) fuel-air mixture you poured into the intake. - THE INTERNAL FRICTION AND LATERAL THRUST WILL BE EXCESSIVE AND YOU WILL END UP WITH FRETTED LINERS (if not more serious issues) and a very short engine life.. even before you try to get anywhere near 600+ hp out of it.

.. The ECM controls the internal engine friction COMPLETELY, and it is designed into it, right into the combustion chambers.. as part of THE EMISSIONS SYSTEM, to create extra heat, TO KEEP THE EMISSIONS SYSTEM CANISTERS AT 500+F OR THEY WILL NOT PASS EMISSIONS TESTS OR FUNCTUON CORRECTLY!. - THERE IS NOTHING much the same inside that engine that is even close to what older engines have designed into them... nothing!.. and until someone starts to take a moment to realize this.. and the things that need to be considered.. they are only blowing smoke up their own arsses on it.

and yeah,.. I AM THAT ONE GUY.. who actually knows this stuff from end to end.. as deep as anyone wants to discuss it ... AND I AM WILLING to share what I know, help others, and TEACH IT TO OTHERS FREELY AND OPENLY ... but it seems that people want to be stuck in the mud, stubborn, etc. about all of this stuffs, and argue it instead of having an open mind about WHY I SAY what I do.

These engines are tricky beasts.. and a bit of "what they can and cannot handle", and "why they have failures, and how to avoid them" needs to be very well understood about them. How they work.. both inside them mechanically.. AND INSIDE THAT COMPUTER THAT CONTROLS THEM needs to be very well understood, before someone goes around and tries to mod them with some kind of clueless sideways ideas that might have worked on something of the past.

Most of the people who think this way don't even know that there are more than 13 different operating modes inside that ecm and MOST ALWAYS,.. THAT TURBO OVER-SPOOLS AND FAILS REPEATEDLY due to the ecm getting struck on the wrong operating mode (where the turbo over-spools and the engine makes tons of excessive internal friction on purpose, so that it can warm up a canister that is no longer there) because of BAD DELETES!.

LEADING DIRECTLY TOWARDS BOTH OF THE PROBLEMS HE WAS CONCERNED ABOUT ORIGINALLY!!!... AND WAS TRYING TO "MODIFY " THE ENGINE OVER...

-- Yet this guy is putting all this blame in his original posts as "its too small of a turbo".. AND "HAVING TO STIFFEN THE BLOCK'.. just like a bad delete company would tell him to cover up their complete incompetence and ignorance, because they are as clueless as it gets!.

Must be that some complete idiot "big-rig" tuning shop somewhere convinced him of this somehow.. or he does not understand at all, how the engine is designed or what actual air-flow and/or turbocharger it needs on it.. and automatically assumes he's right., and the whole world is an idiot suddenly. -- This is what it seems happens with people who don't want to listen to reality.. .. and I will have no part of that.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic , Chamberpains , Bale309

Messages In This Thread
X15 turbo options - Outlaw8850 - 01-08-2022,
RE: X15 turbo options - tree98 - 01-08-2022,
RE: X15 turbo options - Rawze - 01-08-2022,
RE: X15 turbo options - tree98 - 01-08-2022,
RE: X15 turbo options - Rawze - 01-09-2022,
RE: X15 turbo options - Rawze - 01-09-2022,
RE: X15 turbo options - Rawze - 01-09-2022
RE: X15 turbo options - Rawze - 01-10-2022,
RE: X15 turbo options - tree98 - 01-09-2022,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.