Spn 157
01-13-2022, (Subject: Spn 157 ) 
Spn 157
17 t680 isx
Demandated and pump has been updated.
Truck starts and drives but will stall at idle after 10 seconds. Can I drive it like this?

replyreply
RE: Spn 157
The "fuel pump of complete engine destruction" problem does not go away, just because your pump has the newest style of parts/plungers in it. .. When is the last time the tappets, rollers, and all the other guts were replaced with new ones?.

NO-- you should not drive that truck. or even crank it up again for that matter until you have verified that the fuel pump has not failed, and is not putting metal shavings all thru your engine, destroying it!.

ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid15389

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Well damn. I know I’m going to get yelled at for this, but I just brought basic tools with me.
replyreply
You don't need much to pull the head off the pump and have a look. Probably gonna need a gasket though. Or have it towed, better to pay for a tow than risk your engine

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Thanks tree, spoke with rawze, I’m going to cut open the oil filter, and inspect through the front gear housing. I may take the head off depending what I see. I’m at a kenworth dealer so I can get the gasket. I’m feeling confident that it’s not the pump because Hag just did it 40k miles ago, but I’m going to do my due diligence.

Im in Montana and thiis the first trip I’ve taken this far northwest in over two years and this happens....sucks. It’s gonna be a gigantic tow bill if I have to go back to Hags.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.