DPF and cooler
08-24-2016, (Subject: DPF and cooler ) 
DPF and cooler
Any suggestions? Loosing anti freeze from somewhere, hoping I have a bad cap but not seeing any on the ground. DPF filter cleaned, DOC replaced, and dozer nozzle changed all about 14 months ago, dpf HG is in the 4s and 5s, regening about every 2.5 to 3 hours. I'm thinking that I am loosing antifreeze in the egr cooler, looks newer than the truck, I can still see the tag from where it was changed but I bought the truck about 2 years ago, and thinking that is face plugging the the dpf. I will do the leak test this weekend since I got my pressure tester and find out hopefully. I did the injector tests on insite and all looks good, # 4 stumbles just a little than the rest, but didn't stall. Will do bubble test this weekend hopefully. Any advise please. Thanks.

User's Signature: I don't know sh!t from shinola!
replyreply
RE: DPF and cooler
Pressure test cold when looking for external leaks and warm if you suspect the EGR cooler. If you haven't seen it, Rawze made a video on diagnosing a bad cooler. Your regens are happening waaaay too often. How old are your turbo and EGR valve?
replyreply
Bought the truck 2 years a go so noneare that new. Going to watch the intitebto see boost but everything is checking out s far. Let me know what I need to look for, thanks.

replyreply
08-25-2016, (Subject: DPF and cooler ) 
Take your two bolts out that hold your venture pipe to the intake pop it off and have a look if it is leaking you my spot it there. The best way is to take the two 8mm bolts out right behind the egr cooler and see what it looks like in there. There is a rubber hose on this pipe and it will flex so you can have a good look. If it is leaking at all you will see the soot gummy and stuck to the side of the piping. It one takes 5min to take those two bolts out and have a good look. I believe this is the best way to check rather than on the other side.
replyreply
I had the venture pipe off doing the egr tune up about 3 weeks ago and the IMAP sensor was all gumed up. I didn't want to replace it until I got the inline hooked up. What should that pressure be? I just watched the dpf do a rolling regen and everything looked good. Dpf pressures stayed below 2 for the most part and temps between 1000 and 1100. I noticed the turbo actuator stayed at 5%.

replyreply
(08-24-2016 )Signature620 Wrote:  Pressure test cold when looking for external leaks and warm if you suspect the EGR cooler. If you haven't seen it, Rawze made a video on diagnosing a bad cooler. Your regens are happening waaaay too often. How old are your turbo and EGR valve?

So you pressure test the system warm if you suspect it's the egr? I thought you check it cold too? On rawze's video he leaves it over night and checks it the next morning and it's leaking...
replyreply
Doing the forced regen, turbo spools between 31000 and 29000, map is in the 3.9 area and dpf pressure stays down below 1.0. This truck is doing a rolling regen every 2 hours now and I am not understanding why. The dpf seems fairly clean at this point . the only time the dpf pressures go over 2.8 is when the regen warm up starts while driving, then it goes up to 5.8 on the last rolling one. Any info would help, I do not want to take it to the shop if I can fix it myself. Thanks.

replyreply
08-28-2016, (Subject: DPF and cooler ) 
EGR cooler is good, radiator hose and water filter leaking, good news. looking for a set of turbo gauges that will fit in my prostar factory dash holes if any one knows where to get them please let me know. found exhaust leak in flex pipe, ordered and will fix next weekend. trying to get things all set for some custom tuning. ordering imap sensor and delta p sensor tomorrow. anything else i need to do please let me know. I will be replacing the head and doing the inframe in the spring since i have not got my shop built yet and need time to save up money for the parts. thank you rawze.com.

replyreply
08-29-2016, (Subject: DPF and cooler ) 
(08-28-2016 )Dcolumbia Wrote:  EGR cooler is good, radiator hose and water filter leaking, good news. looking for a set of turbo gauges that will fit in my prostar factory dash holes if any one knows where to get them please let me know. found exhaust leak in flex pipe, ordered and will fix next weekend. trying to get things all set for some custom tuning. ordering imap sensor and delta p sensor tomorrow. anything else i need to do please let me know. I will be replacing the head and doing the inframe in the spring since i have not got my shop built yet and need time to save up money for the parts. thank you rawze.com.

I use the glow-shift gauges from Amazon. They work for every brand of truck I have ever seen and fit into the blank spots on the dash.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.