X15 efficiency idle vibration
01-21-2022, (Subject: X15 efficiency idle vibration ) 
RE: X15 efficiency idle vibration
(01-21-2022 )Pete379 Wrote:  I have a few x15s and they all idled just as you described when they were at set at 600 rpm.i bumped them to 720 and it smoothed out considerable

I am not familiar with the Allison transmission but I do have experience with x15s and Eaton automatics. As far as it pushing at idle with the automatic, With the Eaton ultra shift plus transmissions and there are settings in the transmission software that control this. I believe the setting was called urge to move and could be altered from the factory setting to stop the push you are describing. Do you know if the Allison has software settings that can be altered?

Hello
Yes there are some settings of the Allison that can be altered like shift points, downshifting ect but as far as I know and I’m no expert the “grab” of the Allison is more of a Mechnical function of how aggressive the torque converter is and the viscosity of the oil since there is no clutch which I do not believe can be altered. Funny that you mention it I also have a t880 with an Eaton ultra shift 8ll and it is very smooth in comparison. I will try adding the harmonic balancer {after-market} as I don’t think that my dampener has failed with such low miles. I was hoping it would go in front of the dampener but it actually goes behind it lol sucks to have to pull both to install. It like 300 bucks and see what’s was. Thank you for the advice I will run through the Allison settings again to see if there might be anything I missed just in case.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: X15 efficiency idle vibration - newyorktruckah - 01-21-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.