Cummins Reman Turbo
12-29-2016, (Subject: Cummins Reman Turbo ) 
RE: Cummins Reman Turbo
I had a reman turbo put on then a couple months later I @m*m^2 due to excessive regens because of high crankcase pressure/blowby.

a week after @m*m^2 I was getting loads of oil through the intake piping from the turbo and naturally I questioned rawze with all the same "are you sure?" and "could it be?"

Luckily he didn't just tell me to F off!

I brought it in to Daves diesel outside Edmonton to rebuild as I figured the seals were obviously toast.

They told me it was rebuilt wrong. (if I remember this correctly) the main turbine shafts has a seal and you are supposed to put the seal on then slide the shaft into it but whoever rebuilt it put the seal on the shaft and installed it all together. They said it's very common, even in Cummins remand.

the seal never sealed and they said the magic words to me... "I bet you have tonnes of blowby" damn turbo was boosting into my crankcase. that's why I @m*m^2 in the first place but on the plus side, at least I know my motor isn't hooped.... with that much blowby, I thought it was a bad motor. now I have no blowby.

The problem with the turbo was there, just relieving back pressure made it become more apparent.

I've hear rawze and others say time and time again that @m*m^2 let them start fixing things that were wrong with their trucks that they never knew about. It's so true, I was so blinded by emissions issues that I never noticed a bad valve cam or turbo that was bad or air in my fuel etc etc etc.

I went from knowing my motor was on its last leg to feeling like it's got nothing but time.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Cummins Reman Turbo - axe - 08-25-2016,
RE: Cummins Reman Turbo - axe - 08-25-2016,
RE: Cummins Reman Turbo - Vin - 08-25-2016,
RE: Cummins Reman Turbo - axe - 08-26-2016,
RE: Cummins Reman Turbo - Matt - 12-29-2016,
RE: Cummins Reman Turbo - Unilevers - 12-29-2016,
RE: Cummins Reman Turbo - Brock - 12-29-2016
RE: Cummins Reman Turbo - Cuya - 02-24-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.