I need help 871
01-22-2022, (Subject: I need help 871 ) 
I need help 871
I need help from anyone that wants to offer it I have a 2010 international ProStar with a 871 I'm from Lexington North Carolina was on my way to do a job in California and my truck started smoking like a freight train in tucumcari New Mexico took it to a shop they said I possibly have a broke ring wanting to charge me $25,000 for a used junk yard engine that no one knows anything about looks like it come off the bottom of the pile of the junkyard no idea on Miles and thinks I'm that naive to pay that which I know is completely ridiculous being here for 6 days luckily I have a camper to live in trying to figure out my next option can anyone tell me a good reliable source to maybe just buy a complete new rebuilt engine I'm hoping maybe Rawze will message me back
replyreply
RE: I need help 871
Is there smoke blasting out of the oil fill tube, with the cap off too?.

has anyone bothered to boroscope it and show you pics/video of exactly what failed?... instead of guessing at it?. Something does not sound quite right to me so far.

BTW: 25k for a used unknown quality engine sounds like it is not a good deal at all. You could drop that engine in only to find out a month later, it needs he same damn thing.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I had to drive it 40 miles to get to the shop it blowed out about 3 gallons of oil in 40 MI blowing it out the vent tube and it also is huffing out of the oil filler cap
replyreply
And it is a demandated engine physically and electronically and more than likely a bad team from what I've read on this forum don't know anyone I can trust to do anything out here or at home for that matter I wish I was closer to Georgia I know where it would be
replyreply
(01-22-2022 )Dert Wrote:  I had to drive it 40 miles to get to the shop it blowed out about 3 gallons of oil in 40 MI blowing it out the vent tube and it also is huffing out of the oil filler cap

that sounds more like a piston with a hole burned thru it to me.

I have no advice for ya no what to do.. if it were mine, I would pay to have it towed back home and rebuild it in the driveway.

and yeah.. very highly likely that the delete program caused it. u need to pull a copy of it and e-mail it to me for review.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic
Yeah to tow it home is about 1600 mi God knows how many thousands of dollars that would be plus I have a fifth wheel trailer I can't imagine what that would cost
replyreply
(01-22-2022 )Dert Wrote:  Yeah to tow it home is about 1600 mi God knows how many thousands of dollars that would be plus I have a fifth wheel trailer I can't imagine what that would cost

the fifth wheel trailer can be stored locally at a drop lot somewhere?.

replyreply
you mentioned u were hold up in a spot.. so ...
maybe a roadside piston replacement to get it back home?.. then tear it down and do it right?

replyreply
Is this Rawze
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.