2012 Isx 2350 475 with codes 4726 and 0559
03-04-2022, (Subject: 2012 Isx 2350 475 with codes 4726 and 0559 ) 
RE: 2012 Isx 2350 475 with codes 4726 and 0559
(03-04-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  
(03-04-2022 )ahrenbenjudah Wrote:  ...
serious neglect

bought out a company and adopted all of the old equipment

"band-aid the problem and put it back on the road" kind of situation

That is what is known as "jumping over a dollar to save a dime". type of business Strategy. -- IT NEVER LEADS TO A GOOD PLACE AND ALWAYS, ALWAYS FAILS IN TRUCKING!.... PERIOD!.

Hence why I will tend to run people like that off of this forum real fast. It has no place in making actual moneys and being successful...
therefore people with that type of mindset cannot be helped.. but will argue away everything that makes sense instead. it is far better to put more focus on people who like to share proper information than to have everything said diluted with bad ideas.

I agree Rawze! Luckily, my new company is all about fixing stuff the right way. Unfortunately, when my company bought out the old, the old owner went in and deleted ALL of the service and repair history for the entire fleet, including trailer, from the computer tracking program that they used. The old program was called Anzio and we hated it as mechanics because it was a crappy program that was difficult to navigate. But now? I would KILL to have it so that I can see what all was done to these trucks. I still remember some of the stuff that I did to them when I was with the old company, but like I said, we were forced to band-aid stuff back together as opposed to do it right.

Now we're doing it right but its tough sometimes because we'll get one of the older trucks that don't get used to much roll through and I'll catch stuff that I don't understand how come nobody has caught. Just on monday, we had a truck down on a job site with a bad air can. Couldn't build enough air to move the truck and chassis. Driver had no tools on him and none of the brakes had caging bolts on them either. So I went down there to get him rolling and within 15 seconds of stepping out of my shop rig, I noticed that the rear axle had a regular stroke can on one side and a long stroke can on the other. While this isn't the end of the world and the brakes probably still worked just fine, on a level 3 inspection (if the inspector saw it) it would have been red tagged for having mismatched brakes. On top of that, he had no left blinker or tail on the trailer either. I called down to Oregon to speak to the dispatcher down there and he said, "just send it, he'll be fine."

Drive from Seattle to Oregon with no tail light or left blinker on the trailer...I said no. There's no way I'm going to put my name on a job where that is allowed to happen. So since I only went out to fix a brake, I didn't have my electrical kit on hand. I ran next door to the job site to Platt electric, bought a multi-meter, wire crimp/strippers, and a box of connectors and ran back over. Turned out it was just the light itself and not wiring so I grabbed one off of the truck and slapped it in there so it would be less conspicuous and told him to get going. Called the Oregon shop manager and told him, brakes need to be corrected and replace the light on the truck.

I just shook my head and drove home soaked to the bone. Its tough out here sometimes Rawze, I tell you what.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2012 Isx 2350 475 with codes 4726 and 0559 - ahrenbenjudah - 03-04-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.