Excessive regenerations
01-24-2022, (Subject: Excessive regenerations ) 
Question Excessive regenerations
Good day all,

I have a isx 15 2350 485 I'm stating to struggle with excessive regen.
Egr tune up and over head done 124278 km or 77000 mi ago.
Started regening every 20 minutes.
Determined dpf and doc needed to be cleaned. That was done and ran normal for about 15 hours. Then started regening every 2 hours again.
One inactive code for too many regens.
Found a boost clamp was leaking and replaced.
Now will run for 8,9, or 10 hours between regen then it will do 3 or 4 a couple hours apart then run 8hrs or more again. Regen history attached
Here are some numbers I got off insite @ idle 600 ram
Exhaust pressure 40.08inhg
Egr orfice pressure 2.6 inhg
Egr delta P .143
Aftertreatment intake now 105ppm
Reading staple
Aftertreatment nox outlet 128
Reading stable
Dpf delta P .10inhg. (After a completed regen)
Egr valve command 14%, position 14%
Aftertreatment dosing unit
State dosing
Command closed.

So am I wrong in thinking something is making the ecm command Egr valve to open more the it should be and plug up the dpf again?

Also I was looking at insite again this morning (the numbers above where from the other day)
Both nox sensors were not available and then the outlet sensor went into ex wife mode, not stable.
I have picked up both nox sensors and haven't installed yet.
Is there anything in the numbers above indicating something else I should be looking into?

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: Excessive regenerations
Also a couple of months ago the decomp tube was removed and cleaned build up starting but not restricting flow. Def doser was replaced as was the 7th injector.
replyreply
Time for demandate. Once these engines are neglected for so long and you start to have all these problems it's hard to get ahead of it.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Have you replaced the diff pressure sensor on the filter?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mudflap77
Pressure test your Charge air cooler, something is causing an inefficiency somewhere and if it's bad enough to cause excessive soot it'll also need to be repaired to benefit of a demandate anyways.
Your outlet NOx is high with it dosing but there should be a Outlet NOx Corrected parameter to note as well which should be within to 80%+ efficiency range if all is well in that system. Provided your ECM calibration has been updated recently if its running below that 80 percent range it would also have a NOx conversion code.
replyreply
Not going to demandate it.
How has this engine been neglected?
It has never even asked for a parked regen or threatened to shutdown or derate since I owned.
It's had one sensor fail and throw a code Everything else has been done proactively.
replyreply
(01-24-2022 )Colter Wrote:  Pressure test your Charge air cooler, something is causing an inefficiency somewhere and if it's bad enough to cause excessive soot it'll also need to be repaired to benefit of a demandate anyways.
Your outlet NOx is high with it dosing but there should be a Outlet NOx Corrected parameter to note as well which should be within to 80%+ efficiency range if all is well in that system. Provided your ECM calibration has been updated recently if its running below that 80 percent range it would also have a NOx conversion code.
Thank you,
Calibration was recently updated.
There hasn't been any nox codes. I did pick up a new nox sensor and just installed it. Also going to change out egr gas pressure sensors and egr temp sensor.
Going to change charge air hoses while changing the rest of the clamps
replyreply
(01-24-2022 )RollinCoal Wrote:  Have you replaced the diff pressure sensor on the filter?
It was mentioned to the shop owner that I wanted the dpf delta P sensor changed while they were there. He agreed it would be a good idea. I will have to verify with him that it did get done. Is there another pressure sensor that you are thinking of?
replyreply
(01-24-2022 )Mudflap77 Wrote:  
(01-24-2022 )RollinCoal Wrote:  Have you replaced the diff pressure sensor on the filter?
It was mentioned to the shop owner that I wanted the dpf delta P sensor changed while they were there. He agreed it would be a good idea. I will have to verify with him that it did get done. Is there another pressure sensor that you are thinking of?

There's a delta P for the EGR and a Delta P for the aftertreatment on the cans.

Aftertreatment is #11

EGR diff is #4
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.