Dash lights flashing
08-25-2016, (Subject: Dash lights flashing ) 
Dash lights flashing
I have an 09 pro star and the 4 lights, wrench, stop, triangle, and dpf lights flash intermittently. Seems to be getting worse. Any ideas of what it might be. No ecm faults so I'm assuming it's a bcm issue.

User's Signature: I don't know sh!t from shinola!
replyreply
08-26-2016, (Subject: Dash lights flashing ) 
RE: Dash lights flashing
Sounds like a bad ground to the cab.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Is there any way to hook the inline to the bcm or would I need nexiq?

replyreply
one of your onboard modules has a short, you'll need Diamond Logic to find out which module to replace.

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
Thanks, it is driving me crazy, doesn't affect the way it drives but definitely annoying. I'm finding so much info here for all the little gremlins in this truck, I appreciate the help guys.

replyreply
Now will diamond logic run off of the inline 6 or do I need to purchase another interface?

replyreply
It will run on inline. I use mine inline 5. It has some glitches but it gets the job done.
replyreply
(08-25-2016 )Dcolumbia Wrote:  I have an 09 pro star and the 4 lights, wrench, stop, triangle, and dpf lights flash intermittently. Seems to be getting worse. Any ideas of what it might be. No ecm faults so I'm assuming it's a bcm issue.

I had the same issue, but with the ABS system... ABS light on, Trailer ABS light on and Exhaust Brake light flashing along with the AUDIBLE ALARM... It was the compass module... Welcome to CANBUS...
replyreply
08-27-2016, (Subject: Dash lights flashing ) 
Hi everybody,
I just found exactly the same problem as you are having, which is ABS light, engine warn light flash intermittently, the air breaks alarm goes off, the power of gages disappears, and ALL of it lasts about 15 seconds. I checked the wires, changed a couple of bad wires, but it did not fix the issue. I connected the truck to the inline, it diagnosed a bunch of inactive codes, which were caused by a short. Whatever is happening doesn't seem to affect the engine at all so far. I have Diamond Logic, it shows the same codes as the inline shows. I guess I will have to take the truck to International and find a smart electrician. Anyone here could provide any info or advice? Thank you. Be safe.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.