Dash lights flashing
08-27-2016, (Subject: Dash lights flashing ) 
RE: Dash lights flashing
At the main fuse panel, there is a row of very small 5A fuses at the far left of the pannel. they are notorious for the contacts getting tarnished, then making intermittent connections. They are also the fuses responsible for the dash display, gauge cluster, cab control, etc. and I had one get flaky on mine last year, causing the cruise to act up sometimes, and other wierd, unexplainable problems like the passenger window not working sometimes, etc. -- NONE of these fuses were bad at all,.. but replacing them ALL with brand new 10A fuses cured a lot of little quirks I would see.

I recommend replacing ALL THOSE FUSES AT ONCE every couple years along with any others that have discolored pins as a good start to solving problems like you are describing, and as well, if you have a factory compas and/or clock, unplug them for a couple days and see if problems go away as well.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
09-13-2016, (Subject: Dash lights flashing ) 
I got distracted by other issues with the truck, but today I finally remembered to unplug the compass module. My lights haven't flashed since. Thanks Waterloo and Rawze.

User's Signature: I don't know sh!t from shinola!
replyreply
09-13-2016, (Subject: Dash lights flashing ) 
(08-27-2016 )Gena Wrote:  Hi everybody,
I just found exactly the same problem as you are having, which is ABS light, engine warn light flash intermittently, the air breaks alarm goes off, the power of gages disappears, and ALL of it lasts about 15 seconds. I checked the wires, changed a couple of bad wires, but it did not fix the issue. I connected the truck to the inline, it diagnosed a bunch of inactive codes, which were caused by a short. Whatever is happening doesn't seem to affect the engine at all so far. I have Diamond Logic, it shows the same codes as the inline shows. I guess I will have to take the truck to International and find a smart electrician. Anyone here could provide any info or advice? Thank you. Be safe.

Well, I would think the Diamond Logic software would catch the issue if it is in the canbus system... It popped right up, my compass module being the issue with my ABS. The mechanic scratched his head and said look at this... I bought a new module on eBay for $20 vs the $350 the dealer wanted. Problem solved.
replyreply
09-19-2016, (Subject: Dash lights flashing ) 
Ok, so yesterday I did the injector leak down test. While I was reinstalling the front metering valve, I dropped one of the t 30 bolts. While doing an extensive search of the frame and block I came across the ground cable that comes off of the rear of the starter and bolts to the block. That cable had rotted thru at the block end. I put a new end on it and plugged the compass module back in thinking that it could be the source of the flashing light problem I was having. That turned out to be the problem. Truck seems a bit more responsive now too. Just thought it might help somebody else out.

User's Signature: I don't know sh!t from shinola!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.