22.5 drive tire recommendation
01-26-2022, (Subject: 22.5 drive tire recommendation ) 
22.5 drive tire recommendation
What 22.5 drives are you guys having good luck with? The Yokohama’s I normally run haven’t been available for some time so my tire guy delivered me a set of “zenna” brand tires and I absolutely hate them. They walk something terrible even being a closed shoulder design. I have never had tires that were hard to hold your lane on a two lane road.

I’m looking for a closed shoulder semi lugged tire being truck is on job sites frequently and mileage life is of little concern. The truck is a single axle loaded heavily so I don’t mind paying for good tires if they are available.

Thanks
replyreply
RE: 22.5 drive tire recommendation
I run turnpike d660 on rear axle, am on jobsites and landfills everyday, hold up well, but just pick up stones until they wear in some.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Precisionw900
I use M710's bridgstones due to their extremely good roiling resistance. They typically last me about 450k miles at a time... I do not do any off-road.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Im running the B/S's as well (M713's)...think it's just an updated version of the M710's Rawze is running. I wrote a little info on them in a previous thread. They seem to be holding up well although they did cost me some fuel mileage compared to my last set of drives. The additional tread depth should combat that negative once these are wore in.

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=7408&page=3 ---- see post 23

I'm running a short (usually heavy) daycab Cascadia. I go into some tight spots for deliveries. Hard turns will certainly scrub the hell outta these, but since you're a single that won't be an issue.

I too am running those Zennas, but mine are on the trailer...def won't run them again. I'm trying to squeeze as many miles as possible out of them (at 200k now). They seem to be a very very cheaply made tire. Bare minimum at best. If I were going in places which promoted tire issues/injuries, say a landfill or junkyard for example, then I'd have no issue running them just for the fact they're cheap to sacrifice. They seem light compared to other name brands and they also wear strangely where my others did not. Puncture resistance certainly doesn't exist as I've repaired these damn things in the driveway more than I'd care to remember since installing them in 2020.
replyreply
I just purchased some Firestone FD691 (8) closed shoulder. Ive had them on for a month now , theyve been holding up well dont retain to many rocks and doing ok in Chicago rail yards which are full of metal shards , broken bolts and etc...

I bought them from Pomps they had a sale on them. Paid $3400 out the door and they kept my old tires.
replyreply
01-27-2022, (Subject: 22.5 drive tire recommendation ) 
Thanks for the recommendation guys, I’ll look into those and see what I come up with. I’m kinda disappointed with my tire guy that thought that these zennas were the substitute for the Yokohama’s I’ve been running. I jacked the rear up today and spun them up and one tire is almost a half inch out of round.........geez
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.