Oil pressure
01-29-2022, (Subject: Oil pressure ) 
Oil pressure
So yesterday low oil light came on and was reading 19/20psi stopped checked oil it was fine went and got a oil pressure sensor change it oil pressure was normal let it idle for a few minutes went back down to 19/20 so I changed the oil but I didn’t have a oil filter yet oil pressure was fine went for a ride it was fine when leaving the work office heading home oil pressure back to 20 I stopped on the way home and got a oil filter changed it it’s idling 15 psi but when I raise the RPMs it goes up to 35/40
Truck has 556456 miles on it 
If I check it out with insite it would just show what the gauge is reading right?
replyreply
RE: Oil pressure
more info would help-.. including maybe some related history, what kind of truck, make model engine, etc.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(01-29-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  more info would help-.. including maybe some related history, what kind of truck, make model engine, etc.

2013 w9 isx15 2250 550
Used valvoline blue 15w40 Last oil change I was about 15000 on the change that’s 5000 over for me and I always use rotella 15w40
Fleetguard oil filters and fuel
replyreply
01-30-2022, (Subject: Oil pressure ) 
So you're saying changing the oil and filter improves the pressure? If the pressure readings are correct then something is contaminating the oil.

If fuel or coolant is getting into the oil it will thin it out and lower the pressure.
If carbon/soot is getting excessive in the oil it will clog the filter and lower the pressure.
If there is a significant oil leak inside the engine the pressure will drop more than normal as temperature increases (cracked gear housing, loose rocker shaft bolts, spun cam bushings, oil pump issues)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , schISM

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.