Rockers
02-26-2022, (Subject: Rockers ) 
RE: Rockers
Hey Rawze what is ur email where I can send the file to.
replyreply
02-26-2022, (Subject: Rockers ) 
(02-26-2022 )Beast15 Wrote:  Hey Rawze what is ur email where I can send the file to.

I PM"d you the email address to send it to.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
02-28-2022, (Subject: Rockers ) 
Boost question on my cm870 max boost I get under load is 28-30psi changed cac had leak new boost sensor,bar sensor no codes no leaks in pipeline new air filters anyone have any idea why only getting 28-30 psi it’s a stock Vgt turbo would greatly appreciate some input.
replyreply
(02-28-2022 )Beast15 Wrote:  Boost question on my cm870 max boost I get under load is 28-30psi changed cac had leak new boost sensor,bar sensor no codes no leaks in pipeline new air filters anyone have any idea why only getting 28-30 psi it’s a stock Vgt turbo would greatly appreciate some input.

It should be in the 36-37 psi range under max engine loads.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(02-28-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  
(02-28-2022 )Beast15 Wrote:  Boost question on my cm870 max boost I get under load is 28-30psi changed cac had leak new boost sensor,bar sensor no codes no leaks in pipeline new air filters anyone have any idea why only getting 28-30 psi it’s a stock Vgt turbo would greatly appreciate some input.

It should be in the 36-37 psi range under max engine loads.

What would cause it to only go up to 28psi
replyreply
The air controller can cause that as well as any leaks in the airline going from it to the actuator on the turbo. Could also be the turbo binding up.
replyreply
(02-28-2022 )Beast15 Wrote:  What would cause it to only go up to 28psi

could be a multitude of things like turbo controller, actuator worn out or leaking, turbo control arm worn out, exhaust turbine blades damaged, could even be programming, especially if it is de-mandated. Could be starved of fuel, could be boost leaks, could be plugged up exhaust, could be in a derate, could be a poorly reading sensor, etc.etc.etc.

replyreply
03-02-2022, (Subject: Rockers ) 
(02-28-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  
(02-28-2022 )Beast15 Wrote:  What would cause it to only go up to 28psi

could be a multitude of things like turbo controller, actuator worn out or leaking, turbo control arm worn out, exhaust turbine blades damaged, could even be programming, especially if it is de-mandated. Could be starved of fuel, could be boost leaks, could be plugged up exhaust, could be in a derate, could be a poorly reading sensor, etc.etc.etc.

Rawze I have a 2007 Peterbilt 379 with cm870 can it be swapped out with cm2350 x15 or I can get a complete motor.
replyreply
03-02-2022, (Subject: Rockers ) 
(03-02-2022 )Beast15 Wrote:  Rawze I have a 2007 Peterbilt 379 with cm870 can it be swapped out with cm2350 x15 or I can get a complete motor.

legally, no ...
Not without installing all of the emissions to go with the newer engine. otherwise it should be pointed out that it not be legal to drive, and therefore may be difficult to sell or may not pass an emissions requirement/inspection in the future. It would be just like a de-mandated truck would be if all the emissions systems were not installed to go with it. If done properly though, it could then be registered as a 'glider'.

As far as it being de-mandated, then technically it could be likely done.. but it would be a lot of work to the wiring to get it derivable again... likely leading to a whole lot of extra down-time while figuring it out.

Personally, unless you had a very significant reason to drive a flying brick, fuel pig of an out-dated truck (some type of special purpose vehicle that has unique or too expensive to duplicate in some significant way, like a boom truck, or some other specialty), then it would be far easier, cheaper, and quicker to sell it and go buy something newer and far more profitable in the end. Even if you have a unique situation, it still makes far more sense, if your really h$ell bent on keeping that particular truck, to put a CM870 back in into it, or to rebuild the one that is already there.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.