Information on changing outlet nox sensor
02-01-2022, (Subject: Information on changing outlet nox sensor ) 
Information on changing outlet nox sensor
Do I need to hook up insite after changing out a bad outlet nox sensor? Isx15 2350. It has a cel.
Air actuator quit on me and I smoked the clutch trying to get it to change gears. $7500 later after tow, parts, labor she shifts better than when I got her. The money I threw at the Transmission was supposed to go into dpf tune up that I've seen pushed on here. Basically what I'm trying to say is, money is tight but I need to do the repairs. Do I need to pay for time with insite after I change the outlet nox sensor.
Sorry if I seem dumb/cheap, just trying to figure this out.
replyreply
RE: Information on changing outlet nox sensor
You won't need insite for anything nox sensor related except to clear the code, but you don't have to clear it right away, you can clear it next time it's hooked up.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: FnG92
I had read that you can tell the motor it's a new sensor to reset the value. What I had read seemed vague. I'll get a new one asap. I'm grateful for all the knowledge I find here.
On another topic, my truck doesn't want to rev higher than 1500 rpms... could that be caused from programming done on the motor? (Old fleet truck)
replyreply
an inline-6 adapter kit /insite is about $300 bucks or so off flea-bay or obd2.com last time I checked.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
02-02-2022, (Subject: Information on changing outlet nox sensor ) 
Thanks a million. I have quickserve and soon the rest of the equipment I need. I love this place so much. I'm beyond excited right now. When I get paid it's the first thing I'm buying. Once I financially recover from my last repair bill I can look at going to the dealership for a factory version of my ecm program. The issue I'm having is that my truck doesn't like to drop a gear and climb at 1500 rpms and I'm really hoping it's some aftermarket programming to try and save fuel by limiting rpms. I can only go above 1500 rpms when in 10th gear. Am I stupid?
replyreply
(02-02-2022 )FnG92 Wrote:  Thanks a million. I have quickserve and soon the rest of the equipment I need. I love this place so much. I'm beyond excited right now. When I get paid it's the first thing I'm buying. Once I financially recover from my last repair bill I can look at going to the dealership for a factory version of my ecm program. The issue I'm having is that my truck doesn't like to drop a gear and climb at 1500 rpms and I'm really hoping it's some aftermarket programming to try and save fuel by limiting rpms. I can only go above 1500 rpms when in 10th gear. Am I stupid?

it is called "gear down protection" and it shortens engine life. It can be turned off using Insite.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(02-02-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  
(02-02-2022 )FnG92 Wrote:  Thanks a million. I have quickserve and soon the rest of the equipment I need. I love this place so much. I'm beyond excited right now. When I get paid it's the first thing I'm buying. Once I financially recover from my last repair bill I can look at going to the dealership for a factory version of my ecm program. The issue I'm having is that my truck doesn't like to drop a gear and climb at 1500 rpms and I'm really hoping it's some aftermarket programming to try and save fuel by limiting rpms. I can only go above 1500 rpms when in 10th gear. Am I stupid?

it is called "gear down protection" and it shortens engine life. It can be turned off using Insite.
I can't wait to get rid of that garbage. I practically have to lug this thing everywhere when in automatic. My poor baby.
I can't thank you guys enough!! My only options for figuring this stuff out is trial and error, or come here and ask my questions.
The knowledge I get here helps feed my family
replyreply
(02-02-2022 )FnG92 Wrote:  ...
I can't wait to get rid of that garbage. I practically have to lug this thing everywhere when in automatic. My poor baby.
I can't thank you guys enough!! My only options for figuring this stuff out is trial and error, or come here and ask my questions.

if it is an automatic then you will likely have to edit the tranny software for that as well.

replyreply
(02-02-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  
(02-02-2022 )FnG92 Wrote:  ...

if it is an automatic then you will likely have to edit the tranny software for that as well.
Is that an insite application or??
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.