3712 and 3714, truck is eating my lunch
02-02-2022, (Subject: 3712 and 3714, truck is eating my lunch ) 
RE: 3712 and 3714, truck is eating my lunch
fault 3712 = "The Engine Control Module (ECM) detected the engine has been operated for an extended amount of time with critical SCR faults active, and no repair action has been taken."

and...

fault 3714 = "General Engine Protection derate is active"

==============

Obviously someone was driving that thing around and not servicing it properly to get it into that condition to begin with.. and now its in dire straights!.

What other faults does it have?... what inactive and active faults were seen?.. and how many counts?.

re-loading the ecm with a fresh factory flash will remove those faults .. but if you don't also take care of any of the other faults that are inactive or active, that caused them to come up .. .. then they will simply come right back.

You say the engine only has 70k miles on it but its build date waas 8+ years ago!... Does it have high engine hours?.. or has it sat a lot and now has a bad case of "LotRott"... becvause low miles don't mean squat if it has not been regularly serviced and cared for.. and that is exactly why they end up with those emmissions system issues to begin with. After 8+ years, that DOC/DPf and SCR elements, the DEF and Doser injectors could be plugged up,.. and all sorts of other secondary problems may exist.. like carbon-packed EGR cooler, partially siezed EGR valve,,.. etc. etc. etc.

Someone needs to go tru that whole engine and emissions systems at this point.. - DO a full EGR tune-up, replace the IMAP and other old sensors,.. clean out all the EGR (and EGR cooler and valve likely by this point) and other piping, etc.. otherwise your wasting your time on it. - Replace DEf filter, clean the DEF doser, inspect the Decomp tube for buildup, .. Have the DOC/DPF baked and flow-tested and a whole lot more.

If ya can't flash the ecm yourself.. then you can always just remove it from the engine and take it to a Stealers$it and have it bench flashed with the latest updates.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BreakOnThrough , hhow55

Messages In This Thread
RE: 3712 and 3714, truck is eating my lunch - Rawze - 02-02-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.