Came across this today
02-05-2022, (Subject: Came across this today ) 
Came across this today
While getting some parts for my Prostar, I came across this. I would like to get Rawze's and Haggai's opinions on this. This is an 09 Prostar with a 871.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: Came across this today
That looks like an air actuated turbo. The 871 turbo uses an electronic actuator. Maybe that truck is an 07 or older.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
It's an 871 with a VGT delete. Maybe not the original engine???
replyreply
02-06-2022, (Subject: Came across this today ) 
(02-05-2022 )Signature620 Wrote:  It's an 871 with a VGT delete. Maybe not the original engine???

Oh is that a waste gate I'm looking at ?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(02-05-2022 )74bassman Wrote:  While getting some parts for my Prostar, I came across this. I would like to get Rawze's and Haggai's opinions on this. This is an 09 Prostar with a 871.

That is a 'de-madated' CM871 with the VGT removed and some complete garbage turbo in its place.. and you can guarantee that the "delete" is nothing but garbage too!.

That VGT turbo.. (that some complete moron has removed from that truck in those photos) is what sets the proper fuel-air-mix for the ISX engine.. and nothing but engine abuse, lower than normal fuel mileage, and a shortened engine life results when someone does crap like that.

The EGR cooler is also missing and the water pump is plated off too. This means that cylinder #5 and #6 are going to run hot.. further shortening engine life for that abused engine. Not only that but the face-bearings of the water pump are loaded to h$ell due to the 70+, PSI of dead pressure in the circuit of the plated off piping. That is VERY HARD on that water pump and leads to eventual water pump failures.

A fine example of a completely abused to h$ell engine right there. Looks like the typical "bad delete", where some truck owner gets dupped by some ignorant repair shop somewhere, into all those types of engine killing mods.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee
The turbo is off an Detroit 12.7
replyreply
(02-06-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  
(02-05-2022 )74bassman Wrote:  While getting some parts for my Prostar, I came across this. I would like to get Rawze's and Haggai's opinions on this. This is an 09 Prostar with a 871.

That is a 'de-madated' CM871 with the VGT removed and some complete garbage turbo in its place.. and you can guarantee that the "delete" is nothing but garbage too!.

That VGT turbo.. (that some complete moron has removed from that truck in those photos) is what sets the proper fuel-air-mix for the ISX engine.. and nothing but engine abuse, lower then normal fuel mileage, and a shortened engine life results when someone does crap like that.

The EGR cooler is also missing and the water pump is plated off too. This means that cylinder #5 and #6 are going to run hot.. further shortening engine life for that abused engine. Not only that but the face-bearings of the water pump are loaded to h$ell due to the 70+, PSI of dead pressure in the circuit of the plated off piping. That is VERY HARD on that water pump and leads to eventual water pump failures.

A fine example of a completely abused to h$ell engine right there. This is a fine examp-le of the typical "bad delete", where some truck owner gets dupped by some ignorant repair shop somewhere, into all those types of engine killing mods.

This probably why it was sitting in a salvage yard?
replyreply
(02-06-2022 )74bassman Wrote:  ...

very highly likely, yes.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
02-15-2022, (Subject: Came across this today ) 
(02-06-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  
(02-06-2022 )74bassman Wrote:  ...

very highly likely, yes.
Probably 4 or 5 years ago a guy had a fancy w900 in my friend's shop. I don't remember what it was there for but I could see from three bays over the EGR cooler was missing. I walked over and it an after market manifold and some other turbo and no EGR cooler. The other side was just as butchered. I said what's up with this shi#t to my friend and the driver heard me. He quickly said how (big named co) did it and it's right and it pull six mountains and four rivers. He was like a silver back at the zoo beating his chest he was so proud. I just walked away....
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Mrkentee , amermextrucker

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.