Came across this today
02-16-2022, (Subject: Came across this today ) 
RE: Came across this today
(02-15-2022 )Ricky Wrote:  Probably 4 or 5 years ago a guy had a fancy w900 in my friend's shop. I don't remember what it was there for but I could see from three bays over the EGR cooler was missing. I walked over and it an after market manifold and some other turbo and no EGR cooler. The other side was just as butchered. I said what's up with this shi#t to my friend and the driver heard me. He quickly said how (big named co) did it and it's right and it pull six mountains and four rivers. He was like a silver back at the zoo beating his chest he was so proud. I just walked away....

that is the sad state of 'idiot-trucking' we live in these days.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
02-24-2022, (Subject: Came across this today ) 
Hey rawze I pulled a x15 apart that had the egr cooler delete with the blocked off water pump, and I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Not only was 5&6 completely cooked but basically every hole including #1 were very ugly. What a huge mistake it is to block that rear water connection off, it looks like it made it very very difficult for the coolant to circulate at all when you do that.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
02-24-2022, (Subject: Came across this today ) 
(02-24-2022 )stevegrutz Wrote:  Hey rawze I pulled a x15 apart that had the egr cooler delete with the blocked off water pump, and I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Not only was 5&6 completely cooked but basically every hole including #1 were very ugly. What a huge mistake it is to block that rear water connection off, it looks like it made it very very difficult for the coolant to circulate at all when you do that.

yes, it causes circulation problems.. and the blocked up port on the water pump causes face-loading of the pump bearing and about 70-75 psi of dead-headed pressure in the blocked section of pipe too. It is not good at all for the water pump or the engine to do such things to it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 74bassman

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.