1999 Volvo N14 random cut off
02-07-2022, (Subject: 1999 Volvo N14 random cut off ) 
1999 Volvo N14 random cut off
1999 Volvo 610
1999 cummins n14
1.8 million; 400k on inframe

My buddy’s rig. Running down the road and especially in a pull it will just randomly cut off and immediately back on. Not throwing codes nothing. Just off and on.

Any ideas? Questions?

This is all I know about it so if there are any questions Ill ask him but no one can figure out why it’s doing this.
replyreply
RE: 1999 Volvo N15 random cut off
Check the fuel outlet from the ecm, there is a check valve that clogs easily. There is also a strainer on the fuel pump behind the air compressor that can clog. Make sure fuel pressure is good, new filters etc. Remove and inspect all harness connections on ecm as the wiring on those old n14s can fill with moisture, clean well and put some dielectric grease on the rubber gaskets to help the seal. Check all pass through connectors and wiring to injectors. Also , check the barometric pressure sensor reading on insite, see if it changes at all or is out to lunch as it can cause issues/phantom derates like you mention.

User's Signature: 2015 389 Peterbilt. ISX 550 18speed 3.70 gears
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2 , Signature620
RE: 1999 Volvo N15 random cut off
I once had the same thing to happen. Turned out to be the pediometer down by the fuel pedal. Considering the age, it would be a good idea to replace several thing's. Cam sensor, vehicle speed sensor, tach sensor, oil pressure sensor, fuel solenoid. If it has the original engine harness, it would be a good idea to replace it also. btw mine was 2000 kw n14.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.