ISX poor fuel economy
02-08-2022, (Subject: ISX poor fuel economy ) 
ISX poor fuel economy
2010 Pete 386 380,000 2007 ISX. Purchased used at 330,000. Average around 5 mpg and seems to lack power. I got high exhaust gas temperature warning. Two shops looked at it one wanted to put new turbo on it other shop had no idea. Did egr tune-up, doser, and had dpf cleaned. It was a real mess and the egr valve was stuck. Replaced egr valve and cleaned and replaced sensors as described in video. Installed a boost gauge and while under load can get 35 to 40 lbs of boost. I drive 70 mile round trip to ethanol plant running 60 mph. Seems like every trip for 5 to 10 minutes it blows white smoke with odor. I guess it is regen. I am wondering what I need to do next to make this truck run better. I do not have insight software and not sure how to get it without spending a fortune. Any help would be great.
replyreply
RE: ISX poor fuel economy
is it the original engine in the truck?.. or a replacement. Your post was not very clear. Was it the engine purchased used?.. or the whole truck?

and if the engine was replaced, what are the ser# (the ESN#) of the old engine and new engine? .. and what program does it have in it?. These are all very important things that need to be verified if the engine was replaced.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Here is a littler more info. As far as I know it is original motor. 380,000 miles 14,988 hr
Dash Display Engine Info
Model 2007 ISX2
Engine SW Ver 3684275

Engine Plate Reads
Model ISX 485
Reference # E67D76707870777170
Engine # 79408467
replyreply
02-09-2022, (Subject: ISX poor fuel economy ) 
the engine is supposed to have program AV10046 in it. What program is actually in there when you connect with Insite?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I don't have Insight software. What is the best way to go about getting it? I only have one truck.
replyreply
(02-09-2022 )farmtrucker Wrote:  I don't have Insight software. What is the best way to go about getting it? I only have one truck.

An inline-6 adapter kit off e-bay or obd2.com is where a lot of people get it.

replyreply
Is that what I am looking for?
replyreply
02-10-2022, (Subject: ISX poor fuel economy ) 
Make sure it comes with insite 7.6.2 or higher. Your link came up weird on my phone so I couldn't tell.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: farmtrucker

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.