CM2250 Poor fuel mileage
02-11-2022, (Subject: CM2250 Poor fuel mileage ) 
RE: CM2250 Poor fuel mileage
(02-11-2022 )Truckdriven Wrote:  ...Total_fueling~ 264.16 m/g stroke

264 mg/stroke is roughly about 440-460~ish HP or so worth of fuel.

Since your program (that you sent me a while back for review) shows it is a 450HP/1750trq program, this is about right. This means that the ECM is at least doing what it is told and that it "thinks" it is making full power etc.

The turbo only being at 22% sounds a touch low, 32-33% would be more like what is typically needed for a W900 truck at that RPM/Power level ... but it being a W900, they are known for requiring lower positions than other trucks, simply because the larger 4" intake piping + CAC is very large, have almost no restrictions in them. Raising it a bit could be done.. but you also complain about massive fuel mileage losses too though. - This would not be caused by turbo programming alone. - This implies that there has to be an air(or exhaust) related issue somewhere with the truck/engine.

This means that if your getting the fuel.. and the boost is lower than expected, ... it sounds exactly like maybe an air (or exhaust) related issue to me so far. Perhaps a boost leak somewhere that only happens under load?, or perhaps maybe a clogged up air filter?, clogged up exhaust?... damaged turbo turbine blades?, something... - At least that is what you posted so far.. but it literally anyone's guess. Engine problems that are not obvious are impossible to troubleshoot via "texting" and "forums" alone.

I.E.> It is all just blind guessing.

In any event, the boost (turbo programming) should likely be corrected so that it makes more like 34-35 psi under full max loads, and not only 28-30 like you described above.

Maybe a trip to Mr. Hags with it? if no one can find it?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM2250 Poor fuel mileage - Rawze - 02-11-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.