Yet another gear pump fuel leak.....
02-15-2022, (Subject: Yet another gear pump fuel leak..... ) 
RE: Yet another gear pump fuel leak.....
For anyone who may go through this in the future, here's a little info I came across...

- The new (reman) gear pump arrived today and I was surprised and a little pi$$ed they sent me the wrong part. I gave them very specific instructions and they still got it wrong...or so I thought. After some digging, I realized there was a TSB Cummins issued on this matter. It is TSB130044 (New fuel pump gear pump w/ revised fuel line locations).

Apparently there are older versions of the gear pump (3 cylinder and some early 2 cylinder) which have the 2 fuel lines located on the bottom of the low psi gear pump. During the reman process, the lower port pump cores were plugged and machined with new ports at the top for the most current design. Upon first inspection you may assume you have the wrong part, but it will be the correct one. However, if you have an older design, you will have to purchase the correct fuel lines to be used with the new pump as well. The TSB will break down the different items you will need for your particular application.

Below are pics of the remanned, lower port pumps. You can see on the bottom where the old fuel locations once were are now plugged.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , Rawze , schISM

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yet another gear pump fuel leak..... - SquareOne - 02-15-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.