2009 ISX Turbo Issue
02-10-2022, (Subject: 2009 ISX Turbo Issue ) 
2009 ISX Turbo Issue
I have 2011 Prostar I am fixing up. Previous owner did a delete. I am having issues with the turbo over spooling. What is the fix for this issue? It has the DPF filter but it has been drilled out. I am assuming not enough back pressure.

Would a muffler or resonator provide enough back pressure? Is there a tuning file that will correct this?

I am trying to avoid replacing the turbo especially after I have spent thousands fixing everything else that was jerry rigged on this truck.

Engine is a CM871 serial number 79368719

My other option is return it back to factory since it only has EGR and DPF no DEF
replyreply
RE: 2009 ISX Turbo Issue
Odds are you have a bad demandate. You want the dpf completely hollowed out not just drilled. Back pressure in the exhaust system is what will cause your turbo to fail prematurely. You don't want back pressure, you want the exhaust to be free flowing.

PM Rawze and pull a copy of the program to find out how bad it is.

Also message Mr. Hagg to get the proper demandate tune in it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rick808
Bad tune. U dont correct vg turbo overspool by choking it, u fix the bs tune that doesnt have the turbo controlled and hope said bs tune hasnt completely trashed ur engine.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Rick808
02-11-2022, (Subject: 2009 ISX Turbo Issue ) 
if it is over-spooling then it is a programming issue hands down.

?bad deelte programming is an absolute plague in the trucking industry. there is more than 90%+ chance it is a bad delete... even without considering you are having issues.

pull a copy of the program out of the ecm and e-mail it to me. I will review it and let you know exactly what was done.. good, bad, and downright harmful.
=====

also like mentioned.. the exhaust needs to be as free-flowing and open as absolutely possible. Otherwise it will have reflected and trap heat, shortening the life of the turbo and engine. That turbo is Variable Geometry (VGT).. and can be programmed to do whatever the engine needs without over-spooling, and without all the crap that you see people that would claim otherwise.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rick808
(02-11-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  if it is over-spooling then it is a programming issue hands down.

?bad deelte programming is an absolute plague in the trucking industry. there is more than 90%+ chance it is a bad delete... even without considering you are having issues.

pull a copy of the program out of the ecm and e-mail it to me. I will review it and let you know exactly what was done.. good, bad, and downright harmful.
=====

also like mentioned.. the exhaust needs to be as free-flowing and open as absolutely possible. Otherwise it will have reflected and trap heat, shortening the life of the turbo and engine. That turbo is Variable Geometry (VGT).. and can be programmed to do whatever the engine needs without over-spooling, and without all the crap that you see people that would claim otherwise.

I will work on getting the ECM program for you. This truck has been plagued with problems. You think it might be best to put a factory file in it and start fresh or just fix the programming issues its having?
replyreply
(02-10-2022 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Bad tune. U dont correct vg turbo overspool by choking it, u fix the bs tune that doesnt have the turbo controlled and hope said bs tune hasnt completely trashed ur engine.

Im hoping nothing major is wrong with engine. I did oil samples and a bearing roll oil sample came back good no metals but did the bearing just for peace of mine. Overhead was good also.
replyreply
When I pull the ECM Ill make sure to hollow it completely right now there's about a 4 inch hole in the middle and about 6 or 8 1inch holes around it.
replyreply
should be nothing but metal casing in dpf and doc filter

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
(02-11-2022 )Rick808 Wrote:  ...
I will work on getting the ECM program for you. This truck has been plagued with problems. You think it might be best to put a factory file in it and start fresh or just fix the programming issues its having?

Likely, if the program is indeed bad, but you need to first pull a copy of the ecm file and e-mail it to me before re-flashing it. This is so that you have ensured that you have a backup of it in case the truck settings get lost. It is also to ensure that you are able to successfully copy the program in/out of the ecm properly before going any further.

here is a detail of what all has to happen...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid68742

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.