Cm870 all stock surge
02-15-2022, (Subject: Cm870 all stock surge ) 
Smile Cm870 all stock surge
I have a truck with cm870 all original set at 475.Truck started to surge under acceleration. It throws no codes however if you disconnect the egr it runs fine in a silent derate. Ran turbo egr test and all pass . Replaced fuel filters no change. Checked fins/actuator on tubo all good. Just put a new egr valve on it and same thing. Egr cooler not leaking....any other ideas?
replyreply
RE: Cm870 all stock surge
do an EGR tune-up.. replacing the Delta-P sensor (and clean out the crossover tubes for it) + replace any other sensors that are old on the intake side of the engine.

also be sure to replace the exhaust back-pressure sensor and clean out its circuit thru the thermostat housing too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Luckyjayb
(02-15-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  do an EGR tune-up.. replacing the Delta-P sensor (and clean out the crossover tubes for it) + replace any other sensors that are old on the intake side of the engine.

also be sure to replace the exhaust back-pressure sensor and clean out its circuit thru the thermostat housing too.
Will do. Thanks
replyreply
02-16-2022, (Subject: Cm870 all stock surge ) 
Great advice as always. Needing to do mine as preventative maintenance as well.
replyreply
(02-16-2022 )Luckyjayb Wrote:  Great advice as always. Needing to do mine as preventative maintenance as well.

it is a good place to start... but those CM870 can also start surging like that when the (air operated) turbo controller starts going bad too. - It is cheaper however to do a tune-up and cover the basics before starting to replace more expensive things is all.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I tore it apart yesterday and the one delta p line was plugged solid. Cleaned it all out and she's running like a champ. Appreciate the advice.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Chamberpains

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.