Vent glass
02-16-2022, (Subject: Vent glass ) 
Vent glass
So I have a 2008 Prostar and a stone from another truck hit the vent glass and broke it. They call it the vent glass but it doesn't open. But is still intact but shadderd so I sprayed some clear glue on both sides so it doesn't fail till I get it fixed in a day or two. Has anyone had to replace that glass or know what way it comes out. It looks like it comes back into the truck. The outside rubber is hard as a rock and the inside is soft.
replyreply
02-18-2022, (Subject: Vent glass ) 
RE: Vent glass
Take some pictures and post them here.
replyreply
if its the same as my lonestar it removes from the outside cut the glue from the inside like you would a windshield I had safelite do mine because I was on the road and it fell in
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Ricky
(02-18-2022 )Yauchout Wrote:  if its the same as my lonestar it removes from the outside cut the glue from the inside like you would a windshield I had safelite do mine because I was on the road and it fell in
I believe that they are the same as the Lonestar. I spoke with the body shop at international and they said it goes in from the outside and is glued in. I have the new window and the rubber seal it's glued to. I will post pictures when I do it this weekend.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: t700
02-20-2022, (Subject: Vent glass ) 
(02-18-2022 )Ricky Wrote:  
(02-18-2022 )Yauchout Wrote:  if its the same as my lonestar it removes from the outside cut the glue from the inside like you would a windshield I had safelite do mine because I was on the road and it fell in
I believe that they are the same as the Lonestar. I spoke with the body shop at international and they said it goes in from the outside and is glued in. I have the new window and the rubber seal it's glued to. I will post pictures when I do it this weekend.
So I bought the glass at the steelership 278.00 and the adhesive at O'Reilly 38.00. It took about an hour, steelership body shop wanted to charge two hours. Plus they couldn't do it for like three weeks. Once the glass was out I used a small pry bar to loosen up the frame and it came right out. I cleaned it up and put the adhesive on the new glass and it slipped right in. I was worried about it going back in under my drop visors but not a problem.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)
./uploads/202202/post_3207_1645411763_281e058db18b5b9a9a67c4ac317c4970.jpg
replyreply
02-20-2022, (Subject: Vent glass ) 
(02-20-2022 )Ricky Wrote:  
(02-18-2022 )Ricky Wrote:  
So I bought the glass at the steelership 278.00 and the adhesive at O'Reilly 38.00. It took about an hour, steelership body shop wanted to charge two hours. Plus they couldn't do it for like three weeks. Once the glass was out I used a small pry bar to loosen up the frame and it came right out. I cleaned it up and put the adhesive on the new glass and it slipped right in. I was worried about it going back in under my drop visors but not a problem.
The adhesive I used. it

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
02-21-2022, (Subject: Vent glass ) 
looks good.

thanks for sharing and providing some pics too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.