Cm870 oil coolers
02-16-2022, (Subject: Cm870 oil coolers ) 
Cm870 oil coolers
Need to replace the oil coolers on my cm870 and gonna redo the front structure while I’m at it. I’ve had good luck out of PAI aftermarket parts and OEM parts. Anybody have any recommendations on which route to go for the oil coolers?
replyreply
RE: Cm870 oil coolers
Not sure about your own personal experiences much.. but PAI has a record around here is being complete sh$it!.

Seen plenty of their crank shaft dampers have been shown to often fail after 1 or 2 years and/or crack, their overhaul kits are absolutely garbage and ya gotta plasti-gauge every bearing because the tolerances are all over the place, , etc.. so I would not recommend their other products at all to anyone for anything at this point.

REF: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid65529

AND SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO PUT AN AFTERMARKET OIL COOLER.. WHICH IS CONSIDERED ONE OF THE COMPONENTS THAT IF IT IS NOT TO SPEC, ITS THERMAL EFFICIENCY COULD POTENTIALLY NOT BE AS GOOD, OR IT HAS OTHER ISSUES DOWN THE ROAD.. .. OR CAN POTENTIALLY CAUSE CATASTROPHIC ENGINE DAMAGE, OIL TEMP PROBLEMS, ETC.. INTO YOUR ENGINE IS JUST A BAD DECISION IN MY BOOK.. but that is simply my own opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

MOST ALL OF THESE TYPES OF CHEAPER/AFTERMARKET PARTS TO SAVE A FEW $$$ IS THE SAME AS JUMPING OVER A DOLLAR TO SAVE A DIME!.

the next question is .. why did the original one fail to begin with?... what failed?.. seals?.. or from corrosion due to lack of proper coolant care? .. or something else?. and has it failed prematurely?... or because it has a lot of age on it?.. how long did it last?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Luckyjayb
RE: Cm870 oil coolers
It has 1.2 million on the motor and starting to leak where the o-ring is on the pipe coming from the front side. I figured if I had to take all that apart, might as well go ahead and replace them while I’m in there. Thanks for the feedback and oem it is then.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.