CM871 poor power and fuel econ
09-24-2022, (Subject: CM871 poor power and fuel econ ) 
RE: CM871 poor power and fuel econ
Didn’t mean to send 2 of the same photo. I can’t upload a vid, which I remember now. Lol! But the foggy look in the tube is all small bubbles. I know I have a few injectors failing the check valve test, so could it be that causing the bubbles?? Or did the air in the fuel cause the injector problems?
replyreply
09-24-2022, (Subject: CM871 poor power and fuel econ ) 
(09-24-2022 )Grounded Pilot Wrote:  ...
I ran a air in fuel test when I got home today and it has a bunch of tiny bubbles in it.

You may or may not have air getting into the fuel.. but Don't chase a ghost ...

The CM570, CM870, CM871 (any of the IFSM engines) return line off the IFSM that go back to the tanks will always have some tiny bubbles in them. It is normal, as there is a small restriction in the main return line + a sudden pipe diameter change, that creates a bit of cavitation. It has no effect whatsoever on engine or its performance, and is quite normal. This has always been known and is NOT in the manuals for some reason.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
09-25-2022, (Subject: CM871 poor power and fuel econ ) 
Well dang! Was hoping that was the issue! I pulled the fuel out of the compucheck fitting on the underside of the bottom left corner of the IFSM, is that correct? Or do I need to check the return line?

I have to get some different fittings and I’m going to do the coolant sleeve leak test and see if I have a injector sleeve leaking. I watched the coolant level closely all week and if it lost any, it was a very small amount.

Thanks!!
replyreply
09-25-2022, (Subject: CM871 poor power and fuel econ ) 
(09-25-2022 )Grounded Pilot Wrote:  Well dang! Was hoping that was the issue! I pulled the fuel out of the compucheck fitting on the underside of the bottom left corner of the IFSM, is that correct? Or do I need to check the return line?

here is a really old post where it was mentioned about 6 yars ago...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...72#pid2372

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Grounded Pilot
09-27-2022, (Subject: CM871 poor power and fuel econ ) 
Had no leaks from the coolant system into the fuel system, so that’s a plus. New set of injectors on the way. Shoring up the fuel system just to be sure we aren’t getting air from the inlet side. New set of fuel filters as well.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.