CM871 poor power and fuel econ
02-18-2022, (Subject: CM871 poor power and fuel econ ) 
RE: CM871 poor power and fuel econ

More info. I guess this thing is E.G.R. Deregulated or somebody just put a block off plate where it meets back up with the intake tube.
replyreply
02-18-2022, (Subject: CM871 poor power and fuel econ ) 
(02-17-2022 )Grounded Pilot Wrote:  The only access I have to the ecm is through a ScanGuage D unit I have in the truck. Is there a way I can still copy the software file to my laptop? And I don’t know if the mechanic will do that for me.

An inline-6 adapter kit off e-bay or obd2.com can be had for about $300 bucks or so. That is what many of the O/O's on here have and it works just fine for doing all thing engine software related.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
02-20-2022, (Subject: CM871 poor power and fuel econ ) 
(02-18-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  
(02-17-2022 )Grounded Pilot Wrote:  The only access I have to the ecm is through a ScanGuage D unit I have in the truck. Is there a way I can still copy the software file to my laptop? And I don’t know if the mechanic will do that for me.

An inline-6 adapter kit off e-bay or obd2.com can be had for about $300 bucks or so. That is what many of the O/O's on here have and it works just fine for doing all thing engine software related.

Thanks, I’ll check into that! Don’t know if I can get the owner to go along with that at the moment though. He’s bleeding cash in regards to this truck and is content to have the mechanic do anything with the ecm. I may just buy it myself, but it’ll be a couple weeks.
replyreply
There is a black, oily residue all over the internals of the fuel housing assembly and the fittings. Anybody know what would cause this??

replyreply
(02-18-2022 )Grounded Pilot Wrote:  More info. I guess this thing is E.G.R. Deregulated or somebody just put a block off plate where it meets back up with the intake tube.

Is that a piece of thin clear plastic?? Or maybe just very thin sheet metal?? Either way that's a good way to damage your engine and turbo when that thing let's loose!!!

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(02-20-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  
(02-18-2022 )Grounded Pilot Wrote:  More info. I guess this thing is E.G.R. Deregulated or somebody just put a block off plate where it meets back up with the intake tube.

Is that a piece of thin clear plastic?? Or maybe just very thin sheet metal?? Either way that's a good way to damage your engine and turbo when that thing let's loose!!!

It’s a piece of 1/8” aluminum. Fits the tube pretty perfectly in place of the gasket and is plenty heavy enough to do the job. But I have played phone tag with the mechanic to ask about the programming side of it.
replyreply
02-21-2022, (Subject: CM871 poor power and fuel econ ) 
I put everything back together with the “new” fuel module housing and runs exactly the same. Redneck engineered one of the leak down test plates and found that both front and rear banks are blowing bubbles. Going to work on figuring out which injectors are bad tomorrow.

BTW, if you need a test plate in a pinch you can take the base plate off an actuator and a McDonald’s straw fits very tightly through the top hole if you fold the tip and run it through then pull it tight with a pair of pliers and clip the excess off. A 1/4” piece of clear plastic hose fits tight over the straw (had to flare the end a bit to get it started) and whalla!! Redneckerized test plate!! {I can talk about red necks cause I R one!! ;) lol! }
replyreply
{the black stuff}...

a 10 or 7 micron filter in the davco will keep that black stuffs at bay in the fuel system. Some of it is soot from leaky injectors.. and some of it is ashphaltine buildup that gets into the fuel system from the high compression of the fuel on the compression stroke.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(02-20-2022 )Grounded Pilot Wrote:  It’s a piece of 1/8” aluminum. Fits the tube pretty perfectly in place of the gasket and is plenty heavy enough to do the job.

You are absolutely wrong about that. I have seen it at least a dozen times already with people who use thin aluminum plates like that. It is not worth risking your whole engine on that type of assumption ...

Maybe you fail to realize that as much as 90+ psi of pressure can potentially build up on the back side of that plate (depends on other circumstances).

That plate is too damn thin. If it is made from steel, aluminum, galvanized, or anything less than 304-stainless then it eventually will corrode thru in a few years and the pieces of it will destroy the engine as it goes thru the intake valves and gets into the cylinders!...

here is the correct solution for that spot on the engine...

REF: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid21629

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Andre_The_Giant

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.