CM871 poor power and fuel econ
04-08-2022, (Subject: CM871 poor power and fuel econ ) 
RE: CM871 poor power and fuel econ
The 974 code that pops up as the “cab side TPS low voltage” code was read off the mechanics insite program. Both with the old TPS and new one. And the power issue started showing up when that code started first appearing erratically. The mechanic just kind of blew it off when I asked to get a copy of the Ecm programming. So I haven’t gotten that yet. If I can get met up with another guy I’ve been talking with, he said he would copy it. But we’ve been in different states constantly lately. Or if I can just get the system ordered I’ll do it myself, but I’ve got some bank crap I’m waiting on to go through before I can free up cash. And I gotta buy one of the systems that can do multiple engine makes because I think I’ll be sitting behind a Cat soon.

My other concern is can this be an ECM problem since my voltages match at the TPS sensor and at the OEM port on the ECM? The ECM was replaced 15 months ago but with a used ECM out of a 2007 truck that the previous owner had sitting out back due to a rod poking through the block. That’s all the history I know on the ECM.

It also has another bad metering actuator (under 10,000 miles since replaced with Cummins reman) according to the cylinder cutout test. I’m going to test the wiring to that today before I replace it.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM871 poor power and fuel econ - Grounded Pilot - 04-08-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.