CM871 poor power and fuel econ
04-08-2022, (Subject: CM871 poor power and fuel econ ) 
RE: CM871 poor power and fuel econ
(04-08-2022 )Grounded Pilot Wrote:  Yes, replaced #1 and 4 injectors but that was after the actuators were replaced the first time. The #4 injector was bad enough that it was causing the motor to continue running after the fuel was cut off.

you say "yup" but that does not describe at all if someone actually did a proper injector leak test, as shown in the videos I posted the links to. Most repair shops do not have the proper test block, nor have even ever knew this tests existed on CM871's. This includes most OEM repair shops.

BTW: .. A leaky injector on a CM871 will not cause one to keep idling past when the key is off. - Only a leaking actuator will cause that.

You say injectors were replaced... did anyone bother to do a proper injector leak test on it a second time after the replacements were installed?... to ensure there are no more issues with injectors? / problems?. Timing/metering Actuators do not typically fail over and over unless someone is doing something wrong, they are being abused, or there are contaminants in the fuel system. Having a defective one by the OEM is rare on the CM870/871's. - WHAT exactly failed on/inside the actuator (and subsequent ones)?. Has anyone even bothered to determine that at all?.

You also say it was replaced again due to issues during a subsequent cut-out test.. what was the issue exactly?... How or what was seen to determine that during the test?...

Did someone do something really stupid like unplugging them to test them?.. I see a lot of mechanics make that mistake.. they unplug them to troubleshoot them instead of using Insite to switch them on/off properly, etc. - Unplugging them almost always results in a false positive, as the ecm will not fire them properly after one has been unplugged then plugged back in until the key-switch has been cycled properly.

Did anyone bother at all to disassemble the suspect actuator to see what failed inside it before just calling it bad?. For all anyone knows, it might not have even been bad.. or maybe some trash from the fuel system got in it and it needed cleaning + any fuel system trash problem resolved? .. It is pretty straight forward to find out why an actuator is not performing like it should...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...619#pid619

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM871 poor power and fuel econ - Rawze - 04-08-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.